Change of Daylightsaving time during power off

• Hello

I am currently using the PicoMOD7A and met the following problem this monday.
    The time didnt change appropriatly on Sunday 29.03.
    After some tests I came to the following conclusion:

The AutoDST Flag = 1, ( HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Clock)
    The change between non daylightsaving time and daylightsaving, while the PicoMOD is powerd on works correctly (time changes from 01:59 -> 03:00), but if the PicoMOD is powerd off it doesn't change appropriatly(01:59 -> 02:00).

Any help in resolving this problem, would be much appreciated.

Best regards

• Switching between normal time and daylight saving time (DST) is a rather complicated thing. It requires a database of all countries that have DST that tells the day and time when the switch is done. And this database is changing quite often because countries change their habits of using DST. So this is not possible to do in hardware only and therefore I believe there is no Real Time Clock chip (for the purpose of a time buffer while a device is switched off) that is capable of switching between normal time and DST. This means a device like our PicoMOD7A can only switch time when the device is on, not while it is off.

But it should do so when the device comes up the next time. Didn't the board switch to DST *after* it was switched on again?

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thank you for the fast answer.

But no, it didn't adjust the time after it was switched on. I tested this by waiting for about an hour while powerd on, but the daylight saving adjustment didn't happen.

We are currently using the kernel: FSS5PV210 - V1.06 (Released 2013-06-05)

Best regards

• Hello, we encounter the same probelm under FSVybrid CE6 and solved it.
    We check asp if it is the same problem as under FSPV210.

Note, it works always under EC7.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

we put V1.11 BETA into the download Folder, DST while power off works with this kernel.
    Note, various Change are implemented since V1.06, please refer "changelog". Any issues?