Change of Daylightsaving time during power off

• Hello,

we experienced same issue that is described here, but with NetDCUA5:

Change of Daylightsaving time during power off

Using GMT+1, WinCE is able to change DST only if board is powered on, but does not change if it's powered off (after powering on again WinCE does not set any time as expected)
    On the other hand, if time is set to default Pacific GMT-8, then system time is not changed even with CPU powered on (dont know why, as to my knowledge in USA they use DST time too as in Europe).

Any idea ?

• Hello,

as far as i know USA switch to DST at second Sunday in March! This should already work.

I test with latest kernel and it works also while power off (but time in taskbar is only updates once a minute, so it may take one minute).

Unfortunately lastest kernel (V2.2) is not releast yet - which version you are using?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• You are right for USA , it changes if I set system time to Sunday 8 March 2015 1:59:00h AM, after 1 minute.... it changes to 3:00:00 AM but ONLY if CPU is powered on!
    When powered off, after booting system in a few minutes, time is not changed by OS ... dont not why. (same behaviour for DST Europe using instead last Sunday of March).

We use last kernel v2.01 -march 5 2015 (based on XIPVYB_CE6Core_V2.1_150219.zip you mean but with CF2) -> and according to this I have one more question: Why in the name of the kernel F&S use "v2.1" but in the FSBoardConfig panel from WinCE it says v2.01, is this right ?

• Ok, i will check but i think the problem will be resolved with V2.2 release - i test with this kernel both cases DTS switch while power on and while power off. We reworked the RTC concerning another problem (changelog ID2556) maybe this also fix this problem.

F&S use "v2.1" but in the FSBoardConfig panel from WinCE it says v2.01, is this right ?

Yes your are right this is an internal problem and we already discussed it. 2.1 in bugtracker and kernel name is 2.01 in debugout:). But we can exclude mistakes because right Zeros are printed out.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

in the meanwhile i discover following: swtich to DST while power of works only under EC7! Because the firmeware for EC7 and CE6 is the same i assume a "bug" in the micorsoft dependent code.

We will check ... .