Problem with Date Format

• In my Windows Embedded Compact 2013 system with ArmStone9 I need to set this date format:

dd.mm.yyyy

I have put an instruction like

IFormatProvider fmt = new CultureInfo("it-IT");

but gives the exception:

PlatformNotSupportedException at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name)
    at ... etc etc

In the PicoCom3 with Ce6 I don't have any problems with this instruction.
    I've put an attachment of the registry keys that I set in CE6 to override the default settings of the board, but doesn't work in WEC2013.

What key registry I've to set in this 2013 system?

Thanks

• Hello,

did you tried "IFormatProvider fmt = new CultureInfo("it-IT", true);"?
    I am a bit confused about "PlatformNotSupportedException", These exception should not be thrown from "CultureInfo".

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Long story short, the only available and fully working CultureInfo is "en-US".
    I've tried with
    IFormatProvider fmt = new CultureInfo("it");
    and it doesn't give exceptions but when you inspect the properties
    fmt.DateTimeFormat.ShortDatePattern
    it gives the exception
    'fmt.DateTimeFormat' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
    while the en-US gives the correct answer "M/d/yyyy"

• Thanks,

"NotSupportedException" is what i expect in this case."PlatformNotSupportedException" does misleading. I checked the "locals" and you are right only "en-US" is available at the time. We will resolve this with the next release (i put it to the roadmap).

Hint: you can enumerate supported locals before use.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

maybe i oversee someting, but you list "time zones" not "locals" (culture codes).

PS: assume something like this http://blog.opennetcf.com/2009…in-the-compact-framework/

Edited 3 times, last by fs-support_ZU ().