ldconfig error with new toolchain based on gcc-4.7.2

• I've done exact the same as per description Chapter 7 in "F&S i.MX6 Linux First Steps".
    The build in Chapter 7.5. fails with a too small xf86-input-tslib-0.0.6.tar.bz2.

I copied the correct file (220kB) in "dl" --> "make" ends successful.

But: /etc/ld.so.cache in target and has only 64 Bytes.
    here ist the error :

Buildroot can't find ldconfig in the toolchain - there is only a ldconfig for the target, no cross-ldconfig for the host.

My /sbin/ldconfig is the version from suse 13.2 32-bit.

Code
    1. ldconfig (GNU libc) 2.19
    2. Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    3. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
    4. warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
    5. Written by Andreas Jaeger.

The file /etc/ld.so.cache in your file rootfs_std-fsimx6-V2.0.ext4 is 24kByte and a correct cache file....
    Where is the cross-ldconfig ?

Thanks

• The website for the tslib file seems to be redirected and the file is not found on the new server. The result most probably is just an HTML text. We have to look for a workaround for this. IN the meantime, just search the internet for this file and download from somewhere else.

The second problem is strange. Have you added some additional packages? Or are you just trying to compile our standard configuration? Maybe a host package is missing, for example glibc-devel or something similar?

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Yes, it's very strange...
    I've exact done as described in the documentation (Chapter 7.5) - for the best reproduction ;-)

Code
    1. make fsimx6_std_defconfig
    2. make

manual copy of imx-lib-3.0.35-4.0.0.tar.gz (from dl in your package) and xf86-input-tslib-0.0.6.tar.bz2 in buildroot-2014.02-fsimx6-V2.0/dl

I do it again because I've cleaned the test... so I can show the directory output and dl for missing packages ;-) Please wait for a directory-listing.

• For the first error with the tslib, we have a patch here. This just fixes the download site for the package.

Just download the patch to the top directory of your buildroot and apply it with the following command:

Code
    1. patch -p1 < 0001-Fix-download-site-for-xdriver_xf86-input-tslib.patch

Regarding the second problem with ldconfig. I assume that there is no extra cross-ldconfig. The system just uses the regular ldconfig of the host. So if you type which ldconfig, do you get a result? If not, please search your package repository for the ldconfig program. For example on my Fedora distribution, ldconfig is part of the glibc package. Maybe you need to install the 32-bit version (i686 or similar) of the glibc?

Your F&S Support team