• Some time ago we did some tests with the imx6 and its hw encoder/decoder capabilities. We are very happy with the performance but we need to integrate it into an "old" system.

One device should act as an encoder for fbas/composite PAL signal to h.264 and on the other side backwards from h.264 to fbas/composite PAL.
    Is there an "easy" solution to get fbas into the system and fbas out?

• FBAS/CVBS input can be done with TV decoder and camera interface, output is possible according to https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94019 over the digital RGB interface.
    We have not tested both parts so it can be possible that there are restrictions in pin usage which prevent the connection of the converters.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Our efusA9X module (based on the i.MX6-SoloX CPU) has hardware support for analog video in (FBAS with PAL or NTSC). You can even connect up to four video sources, from which one can be decoded at a time. There is also a device driver for Linux. So theoretically this should work, but I must admit that we have not tested this yet.

Your F&S Support Team

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Yes, unfortunately that's true. The SoloX-CPU does not have a VPU for hardware accelerated video processing, neither encoding, nor decoding. So maybe my idea wasn't so good after all. I believe the video input on this CPU is mainly meant for showing incoming images directly on the display, not for further processing them to a video stream.

Your F&S Support Team