Error during compilation of QT5 buildroot configuration

• Hi,

i have an error during compilation of the QT buildroot process. I already testet the standard configuration and everything gone well, but when I
    start building the QT buildroot process with: make clean, make fsimx6_qt5_defconfig, I get the following error:

>>> linux custom Syncing from source dir /home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/../linux-fsimx6
    ERROR: /home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/../linux-fsimx6 does not exist
    package/pkg-generic.mk:142: recipe for target '/home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/output/build/linux-custom/.stamp_rsynced' failed
    make[1]: *** [/home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/output/build/linux-custom/.stamp_rsynced] Error 1
    Makefile:36: recipe for target '_all' failed
    make: *** [_all] Error 2
    [XXXXXX@localhost buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0]$ make fsimx6_qt5_defconfig

There is no problem in this part, when using the std configuration, any suggestions, or hints?
    Greetings

• Dear PowerBoxSystems,

the fsimx6_qt5_defconfig is configured for the i.MX6 solo/dual-lite/quad CPUs.

The error message says that the Buildroot didn´t find the Kernel. Buildroot expect the Kernel at the same directory level where the Buildroot folder is. Through the fsimx6_qt5_defconfig, Buildroot search for the fsimx6 Kernel and doesnt find a Kernel named "linux-fsimx6".

I guess you have a SoloX CPU, is it right? And you builded your std configuration with make fsimx6sx_std_defconfig and it worked?

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi,

yes, it is a soloxX CPU and yes, building buildroot with make fsimx6sx_std_defconfig worked corret. According to the manual I thought, the kernel will aslo be build in buildroot, no matter which CPU or configuration (QT or Std)???

After making fsimx6sx_std_defconfig I called make clean and than fsimx6_qt5_defconfig and it went wrong with the above mentioned error

So what is the solution to compile for make fsimx6_qt5_defconfig??

Greetings

• Dear PowerBoxSystems,

you are doing the right steps to build it, but the config isn't configured for the i.MX6 SoloX CPU. This config is made for the i.MX6 solo/dual-lite/quad CPUs. This config also deactivate the X-Server support.

If you want to build qt5 support for the SoloX you have to build the standard config, fsimx6sx_std_defconfig. After that you have to activate manually via the menuconfig(in Buildroot) the qt5 packages. Then you must recompile the Root Filesystem.

Your F&S Support Team

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• As mentioned fsimx6_qt_config is as the name fsimx6 (not fsimx6x or fsimx6x_qt_defconfig) implies written for imx6 cpus not for imx6x cpus.
    The setting which kernel should be build is set in buildroot under the menu item 'kernel'.
    For a smooth build don't forget to deactivate the X-Server.

• still got problems during compilation of the QT base:

>>> qt5base 5.6.0 Configuring

This is the Qt Open Source Edition.

You are licensed to use this software under the terms of
    the Lesser GNU General Public License (LGPL) versions 2.1.
    You are also licensed to use this software under the terms of
    the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) versions 3.

You have already accepted the terms of the Open Source license.

Running configuration tests (phase 1)...
    /home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/output/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-g++ -c -fvisibility=hidden fvisibility.c
    Symbol visibility control enabled.
    collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld'
    compilation terminated.
    /home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/output/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-g++ --sysroot=/home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot -o libtest.so -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -fPIC bsymbolic_functions.c
    bsymbolic_functions.c:2:2: error: #error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    #error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    ^

/home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/output/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O3 --sysroot=/home/XXXXXX/fsimx6sx-V2.0/EfusBuild/buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6sx-V2.0/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot -msse2 -g -Wall -W -fPIC -I. -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-buildroot-g++ -o sse2.o sse2.cpp
    arm-linux-g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-msse2'
    Makefile:184: recipe for target 'sse2.o' failed
    gmake[2]: *** [sse2.o] Error 1
    sse2 disabled.
    ipc_sysv auto-detection... ()