Getting eth1 working under Linux

• Hi!

I'm unable to get the second ethernet interface to work under Linux on the PCOMnetA5. U-Boot sees it ("Net: FEC0 [PRIME], FEC1") but Linux does not.
    I have tried both the fsvybrid 2.0 and 2.1, but "ifconfig -a" and "ip all" only show me eth0.

Both interfaces have a MAC address (in U-boot, setenv ethaddr and eth1addr).

Kind regards,
    Jói F

• The default software configuration for PicoCOMA5 is for one ethernet port as this is also the default hardware configuration. The PicoCOMA5 used on PCOMnetA5 is a non-standard PicoCOMA5 with two ethernet interfaces and without audio.

To configure the kernel for this configuration, you have to re-configure the kernel: in menuconfig go to "SystemType" -> "Freescale MXC Implementations" -> "Support PicoCOMA5". There you have to activate the point "Show features that break PicoCOM standard". Now an option appears at the bottom: "Use 2nd ethernet port (hardware option)". Activate this option. You can also deactivate "Use Audio" as the second ethernet port uses the audio pins, i.e. audio and the 2nd ethernet port are not possible at the same time, they are mutually exclusive.

Now re-compile the kernel and download the new kernel image to the board.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.