Issue with the onboard 4G eMMC on the efuasa9 not being available from u-boot and linux.
The eMMC in the device tree states that there is a hardware issue and that (in efusa9qdl.dtsi):
/* emmc doesn't work currently */
* Due to board issue, we can not use external regulator for card slot
* by default since the card power is shared with card detect pullup.
* Disabling the vmmc regulator will cause unexpected card detect
* HW rework is needed to fix this isssue. Remove R695 first, then you
* can open below line to enable the using of external regulator.
* Then you will be able to power off the card during suspend. This is
* especially needed for a SD3.0 card re-enumeration working on UHS mode
* Note: reg_sd3_vmmc is also need to be enabled
Is it the case that we can not currently make use of the eMMC 4G on the board without a hardware fix?
Also, is this issue related to u-boot not being able to "see" the eMMC?
Finally, we have ordered some more efus and armstone boards (which hopefully will be delivered next week), if there was previously a hardware issue, is this problem persisting in the new boards?