VS2008 Debug Problem - SDK FSS5PV210 CE6

• Hello,

I've got a problem with debugging my PicoMOD7A and NetDCU8 devices with VS2008 at my new PC.

At my old PC it worked just fine, but I remember that the installation of the SDK can be a little bit tricky.
    For the new PC I installed
    VS08pro + SP1
    Ndcu8 SDK
    PicoMOD_WCE6 SDK

in that order.

The problem is, that every time I try to debug any Software(new and old; PM7A and NDCU8), I get an error that the debug failed and a repair of VS2008 is needed.
    Start of the software without debugging works, as well as all the Remote tools.

Is there anything in the installation I might have missed?
    Thanks in andvance

Best regards

• The error message is as follows:

Das Programm XXX kann nicht gestartet werden
    Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten der meist auf eine Fehlerhafte Installation hinweist. Error code 0x80004002

As far as I researched, this seems to be an error with the remote debugging tool of VS.
    Most people could fix it by installing the "Windows Remote debugging tool".
    I tried that, but it didn't lead to positive results.

To me it seems like a similiar problem as in this thread:
    SDK für WEC7

I do think to remember that I installted the file mentioned in the thread on my old PC, but it also didn't help.

After reading the thread you posted, I went and compared the debugging options, under Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories, between my new and old PC, but couldn't really find any differences.

Do you have any ideas i might be able to try?
    I'm more or less grapsing for straws over here.

Thanks and best regards

• Hello,

here i found nearly the same issue https://connect.microsoft.com/…r-starten-code-0x80004002. Hope this helps.
    But take care and backup your data;). I really assume it depends on the VS Installation not on the SDK settings.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

I got it to work by following the advice in the link below:
    http://hehuvision.blogspot.co.…8-debugger-is-broken.html

It seems that the already installed VS2015 collided with VS2008 in some way which got the Debugger .dll to act whacky.

The fix for my problem was to register the debugger .dll manually by using the following CMDs:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\msdbg2.dll"
    And for x64 Systems:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\msdbg2.dll"

It seems like the fix posted in your link repairs the problem by removing and reinstalling the dll. Where the reinstall seems to force a registration Debugger.

Anyways thanks for your help in solving this problem.

Best regards

• Hello, thanks for this information.
    And multiple installation of VS is really a problem.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.