Setting contrast

• I inherited code that was used on a NETDCU8 and they used the following call to access the display driver to set the contrast:

DCLCD=CreateDC(TEXT("DDI_S3C2440.dll"), NULL, NULL, NULL);

Is this the best way to do this and if so what is the name of the driver needed for the NETDCUA5?

Jan Hoftun

• Hello,

a) a better way may use of ndcucfg library you will find it in the download area
    b) you can read driver name from registry - then you are platform independent (HKLM\System\GDI\Drivers)

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I tried method a) but it does not seem to work with our LCD. Both with our application and the sample App_using_ndcucfg_lib_SDK I find that setting the contrast to 3063 or less does not change the display while 3064 or higher turns the display completely black. This is using the ndcucfg that is built in to our binary.

• Are you sure that you have connected the backlight brightness to the brightness pin and not to the backlight power supply of the display?

VEEK (pin 18 of display connector) is only a regulation voltage based on a PWM signal, not a power supply! Usually 0..3.3V.
    VCFL (pin 30) is the (switched) backlight voltage, i.e. the power supply for the display backlight; it has the voltage that you provide on the VCFL_IN pin on the power connector
    VLCD (pin 25) is the (switched) voltage for the display logic, usually 3.3V

Your F&S Support Team

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

PWM is available on J4.15. Please refer HW- and Device Driver documentations.
    Assume you you use anohter LCD (without PWM) with NetDCU8?

• If you do not need backlight brightness regulation, just do not use the pin 18. As I understand the G057VGE data sheet, it needs a PWM driven brigthness regulation (on the ADJ pin of the Backlight connector), I'm not sure whether this will work with the voltage driven VEEK signal on pin 18 of the NetDCUA5 display connector, but you can try. So if you connect pin 18 at all, you need to connect it to the ADJ pin.

Your F&S Support Team