NetDCUA5 - Load new CE OS with "NetDCU USB Loader V2.4.1.0"

• Hello,

I have a problem to load a new OS (CE6 to CE7 or CE2013) with "NetDCU USB Loader V2.4.1.0". Can you tell me if my steps are correct :

• Connect USB-A (PC) to mini-USB (StarterKit) with the supplied cable
    • Enter EBoot with hyperterminal by pressing "s" (now, I have 3 choices : 'd' -> Serial download of bootloader, 'E' -> Erase flash, 'B' -> Show bad blocks)
    • Press "d"
    • In NetDCU USB Loader (USB is green), choose the file .bin
    • Press start

After that, I have just this piscture and don't work :

What is the problem ??

In your documentation, I saw after enter to EBoot press "du", but when I press "du" I have just this message :

d
    Waiting for EBoot, U-Boot, NBoot...
    uTimeout!
    Expected 393216 bytes, received only 1 bytes

Please select action
    'd' -> Serial download of bootloader
    'E' -> Erase flash
    'B' -> Show bad blocks
    Use NetDCUUsbLoader for USB download

Now, I don't have OS that loads at startup...

Thank you very much for your quick response.

best regards,

Richard Koller

• Hello,

lower case "s" steps into NBoot! Here you can update NBoot, U/EBoot but *not* kernel.
    For update kernel use upper case "s"="S" to step into EBoot.
    Here you get a complete enumeration of commands by enter "h". This enumeration contains also "du" command.

Hope this helps.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

Ok it's work. Now I want to use telnet with the OS CE2013, but it don't work. Ping with DNS name "DSVYBRID" don't work too. With an other NetDCU (already configured in CE2013), I don't have this problem.

Do you now what is the problem ?

I would like to control TCPIP parameters, but when I go in register "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip\Parms", I have just "Persistentroutes" :

!>reg open tcpip
    \: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\comm\tcpip
    OK
    !>reg enum
    OK -> reg enum key \
    00 "Parms" \
    OK -> reg enum value \
    OK
    !>reg open parms
    \: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\comm\tcpip\parms
    OK
    !>reg enum
    OK -> reg enum key \
    00 "Persistentroutes" \
    OK -> reg enum value \

Where I can find the adress IP and parameters TcpIp (to configure them) ?

best regards,

Richard Koller

• An other question :

With NetDCU already configured in CE2013, the display in the starterkit work (I can see and navigate) but with my NETDCU it don't work.

Do you know where is the problem ?

best regards,

Richard Koller

• Hello,

TCP/IP
    this "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\comm\tcpip\parms" is not the correct path. Pleas check/use "Device Driver Doc", path is "!>reg open parms
    \: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\comm\<adaptername>1\parms\tcpip" (NetDCUA5 internal adapters are ETHNETA1 (and ETHNETB1) ).

LCD
    Use "already confugured NetDCU" and "Device Diver Doc" to retreive and adjust display on your "new" board.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thank you for your response.

For the screen I put the same parameters but I have 2 problem :

• The commande line "reg set value XMemBase dword -1895825408" don't work. Why ?
    • I save the register but when I restart the NetDCU, this values return to 0 : UseBootInit, XMemBase, XMemLen

The LCD on my StarterKit is ET070080DH6 and I have dowload the txt file "ET070080DH6_Vybrid.txt" on your website and load with "DCUTermi" but it don't work too.

There is not a easier solution?

best regards,

Richard Koller

• Hello,

don't set values such as "XMemBase", set only values refered in the Docs!
    Did you compare values from "ET070080DH6_Vybrid.txt" with the one on the working board?

>> There is not a easier solution?
    << Try default mode no. 6
    displaymode set 6
    reg save
    reboot

Enable the serial debug output. Here you can see which display mode ist ative. Maybe there is another problem prevent display driver from loading(?).

• Ok, assume it should be easy to manage. If any problems/questions concerning this subject please come back to this thead.