NETDCUA5 USB host FTDI VCP driver

• Hello
    I am trying to install FTDI VCP driver on the NETDCUA5
    Configuration Windows CE6, Eboot 1.4, Nboot PVN13, kernel v2.06-Build Jul 28 2016
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

But the VCP is not detected and no COM are created
    If I tray to plug an USB stick or a mouse they are detected correctly

Doing the same installation on NDCU10 was working fine
    2 com are created (COM4 and COM5)

Could you give me some advice or check if this driver is working on NETDCUA5 ?

Thanks & regards
    Xavier

• Hello,

in general (FTDI) VPC on NetDCUA5 should work in the same way as on NetDCU10! But it is difficult to say what is going wrong. Is there any information on the serial debug port? Else i assume we have to debug the usb/serial Microsoft driver layers. Can you provide us your hardware for do that?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I am back to the issue I have
    I did several test and was able to detect my FTDI device using
    Eboot 1.5, Nboot PVN14, kernel v2.09-Build Dec 19 2017
    The kernel v2.09 is define as Beta version
    Is there any risk or reliability problem link to this kernel
    is it ok to use the NBOOT 14 and Eboot 1.5 with the kernel 2.09?

I have one remaining point
    each time I reboot the ndcuA5 a windows popup asking for the FTDI dll
    In NDCU10 after the first detection the device was automatically reconised.
    Do you know how this could be solve?

• One additional observation

I need to reboot the NDCU to trigger the detection if I plug the USB after the reboot is performed nothing is detected.

When I copy the dll (ftdi_ser.dll) on startup under /windows then the windows popup asking me for the driver if I enter ftdi_ser.dll then my VCP is created.
    When I copy the dll (ftdi_ser.dll) under /FFSDIK the device is not detected no windows popup and no VCP are created

• Hello,

The kernel v2.09 is define as Beta version
    Is there any risk or reliability problem link to this kernel
    is it ok to use the NBOOT 14 and Eboot 1.5 with the kernel 2.09?

I don't expect any risk or reliability problem. Nevertheless we did not do our standard tests with this kernel/bootloader versions.

I have one remaining point
    each time I reboot the ndcuA5 a windows popup asking for the FTDI dll
    In NDCU10 after the first detection the device was automatically reconised.
    Do you know how this could be solve?

Are registry configuration exactly the same on both boards? Does a "reg save" resolve the problem? If there occurs a popup window i await that something is modified in registry after enter any data.

When I copy the dll (ftdi_ser.dll) on startup under /windows then the windows popup asking me for the driver if I enter ftdi_ser.dll then my VCP is created.

This area is located in RAM so you have to copy the file to this location after each reboot - right?

When I copy the dll (ftdi_ser.dll) under /FFSDIK the device is not detected no windows popup and no VCP are created

When you delete this driver the popup occurs?

Assume somting in your descriptions above is dissonant!

Eboot 1.5, Nboot PVN14, kernel v2.09-Build Dec 19 2017
    Is it planned to have a released version of the kernel v2.09-Build Dec 19 2017?

When questions above are solved or you have any workable solution we can do the release with the current WCE6 state within few weeks.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Finally I have manage to get it working
    For what ever reason if I place the dll under FFSDISK it does not function and the usb is not creating any virtual port but if I place it under a subdirectory it works fine.
    By placing the dll ftdi_ser.dll under FFSDISK/usb and applying this path to the registry setting solve the problem of the driver popup windows.

Since the FTDI USB is only detected with kernel 2.09 and we are going to use it i am interested to get a released version of it
    Thanks & regards

• Hello,

Since the FTDI USB is only detected with kernel 2.09 and we are going to use it i am interested to get a released version of it

We will try to do the release within ten days.

For what ever reason if I place the dll under FFSDISK it does not function ...

Hmm, very strange! FFSDisk is registered as search path (under HKLM\Loader). Did your ftdi registering contains the full path or just the dll name when you try it with location ffsdisk? Maybe it is a bug in wce6?

• It is fine for us to get the release in ten days
    Could you just confirm which EBOOT and NBOOT shall be used with this release?
    Thank you

For info
    For the dll I have to give the full path in the ftdi registering \FFSDISK\usb\ftdi_ser.dll
    I am fine with this solution

when I place the dll under FFSDISK and set the dll in the ftdi registering
    \FFSDISK\ftdi_ser.dll or only ftdi_ser.dll it doesn't work

when I place the dll under the directory windows and set the dll in the ftdi registering as ftdi_ser.dll the usb is detected but a it ask me after each reboot to give the DLL in a pop up window.