Kernel build failure

• Hi all,

I am trying to build the kernel for a picocoma5, and use the Fedora development machine virtual image for it. Have downloaded the sources (fsvybrid-2.2) myself, since those are not in the image. So far so good, I also build the buildroot with it without problems. But now I want to build the kernel, since I need a small change for a different display. This is where I run into a build error:

Code
    1. TIMEC kernel/timeconst.h
    2. Can't use 'defined(@array)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at kernel/timeconst.pl line 373.
    3. /home/developer/fsvybrid-V2.2/build/linux-3.0.15-fsvybrid-V2.2/kernel/Makefile:140: recipe for target 'kernel/timeconst.h' failed
    4. make[1]: *** [kernel/timeconst.h] Error 255
    5. Makefile:945: recipe for target 'kernel' failed
    6. make: *** [kernel] Error 2

What am I doing wrong?

• To elaborate a bit, I had a look myself and perhaps missing something about the buildroot setup. Here goes:
    1) In the {build}/buildroot/linux directory there is a timeconst.pl patch that fixes the error, but this is not in the {build}/linux/ directory?
    2) How is the kernel being build? Do I always have to use the {build}/linux one? Or is the {build}/buildroot/linux also the correct one?
    2a) I don't see any of the picocoma files in the {build}/buildroot/linux, if the buildroot uses the correct kernel, how is it referenced?
    3) looking at make menuconfig, there seems to be no kernel configured with the default config, is this correct?

If I apply the buildroot timeconst.pl patch to the linux source, I can build it fine as well, but I hope I am overlooking something, and that the buildroot build actually can/should build the kernel for me as well (making the process simpler).