eMMC on efusA9X hardware 1.10, 1.20 and 1.30 (and newer)

• I'm using the BSP BSP_FSIMX6SX_WLAN_20190219 for WEC7 on efusA9X with hardware version 1.10, but later we will update to the current hardware version 1.30.

Regarding the eMMC there was a change between hardware 1.10 and 1.20 (using different SD-slots).

In the registry of the BSP there are two keys for these two hardware versions.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\EFUSA9X\USDHC4_REV110]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\EFUSA9X\USDHC4_REV120]

Every key defines with the value "GEBoardRevision" an explicit hardware version (dword:78(=120) respectively 6E(=110)).

According to the hardware history the current hardware version is 1.30. I'm wondering what happens if this BSP is used on hardware 1.30.

Will the eMMC work then, because the registry key with the highest version is taken automatically, which would be the key _REV120?

If this will not work, what is the correct approach to get eMMC working on hardware 1.30 with this BSP?

- Add a registry key for hardware 1.30?

I don't like this because for future hardware version the registry must be updated.

- Add a more generic key without hardware version in its name and without GEBoardRevision in the hope that this key is taken into account, if hardware 1.30 is found and that the keys ...USDHC4_REV110 and ...USDHC4_REV120 are still used for hardware versions 1.10 and 1.30?

Best regards,

Habi

• Hello,

using HW revision 1.30 automatically "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\EFUSA9X\USDHC4_REV120]" is activated.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.