RGB Display after switch from PM7A to PMA9

• Good day,

Currently I am testing a PicoMODA9_V2_WEC7.

Since it should be pin compatible with the PicoMOD7A, I plugged it into the hardware currently used with said PM7A (WCE6).

We are using an "Ampire AM800480E2TMQW" as display and it is working fine with the PM7A, but with the PMA9 I only get a white display at startup, which than switches over to black.

Are there any registry settings that may differ between PM7A and PMA9?

The registry used for the display settings is as follows:

I already added a line for the OutputDevice setting, since I figured the PMA9 might try to use the LVDS instead of the RGB.

I would like to ask you about any hints, what might be the problem.

Best regards

• Hello,

"OutputDevice" have to be adjusted under "HKLM\Drivers\Display\LCD" *not* under "HKLM\Drivers\Display\LCD\Mode<X>". But it is not required to specify this value here. It can be also done by the value "type" refer chapter "Registry value type".

So (assume) following should work:

- delete "OutputDevice"

- register "reg set value type dword 0x8006"

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Good day,

thank you for the quick help, but I am still not able to drive the RGB display.

After comparing the registry values under Drivers\Display\LCD between PM7A and PMA9 I saw that the PMA9 has some values less than the PM7A.

For example there is no mentioning of the Display drivers like it used to be on the PM7A.

Is that as it should be? Or do I need to add the display driver manually?

PM7A:

PMA9:

Best regards

• Hello,

please delete HKLM\drivers\display\lcd\OutputDevice"=dword:8006" this is an invalid value.

Set "HKLM\drivers\display\lcd\mode100\type=dword:8006". Don't touch other values under "HKLM\Drivers\Display\lcd" without "mode" in a basic step!

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Good day,

I have now set the type parameter as value in my Mode key, but still have the same problem. --> A White screen at startup followed by a black screen.

So the PicoMODA9 does not need any references to any drivers like the PicoMOD7A?

Or is this entry just missing?

Where there any changes to the registry keys in the switch from PM7A to PMA9? For example the already exsisting CAN- and I2C-drivers seem to have slightly different keys than before. PMA9 has a I2C key already exsisting, which should in theory be I2C1(shouldn't it?) Same with the CAN-driver key.

Is there a possibility that a changed key might interfere with my hardware and therefore the display?

best regards

• Hello,

>> Is there a possibility that a changed key might interfere with my hardware and therefore the Display?

<< I don't think so. But it would be a good idea to start with the default image settinges.

So please set registry to default by bootloader command "R"... .

Afterwards adjust your display and provide me complete bootlog and LCD registry.

Thanks.

• Good day,

I just reset the registry and set my display parameters.

Display Reg :

Log Output:

• Hello,

and sorry i can't see any clear mistake. Assume the display should work. One point is not clear to me how do you control the brightness of backlight (Pin12). Is it possibel that this pin is low all the time after OS is load? Try to enable the contrast and try some values between 0...4095.

I nothing helps best would be to send us a complete kit so that we can check it in our office.