CANPort on EFUSA9: no RECEIVED events for RTRs.

• Hi everyone,

I'm currently struggling with receiving CAN frames in which the RTR bit is set to 1 using the CANPort.dll (v1.0.2897.27253).

I connected two EFUSA9 via CAN and transmit frames from one to the other using the WriteTransmitData() function. (rtr parameter is hardcoded to 1)

The other EFUS repeatedly reads events by means of the ReadEventData() function, but never receives a CanEventFlags.RECEIVED event.

When setting the rtr parameter to 0, all frames are correctly received and the event is properly read!

Do I have to adjust some kind of special setting to be able to receive RTR frames ? I couldn't find dedicated information in the documentation.

Some of the settings I use:

CanPort.CanEventFlags.CANBUS_ALL

CanPort.CanMode.BASICAN

CanPort.CanAcceptanceFilter.code = 0

CanPort.CanAcceptanceFilter.mask = 0xFFFFFFFF

CanPort.CanTransmitFormat.STANDARD

Thanks in advance & best regards

Philipp

• Hello,

this is a known issue and will be fixed in kernel version 2.7. Refer bug ID3559.

If urgend I can provide you the driver here for download.

Which OS you are using - WEC7 or WEC2013?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• I've seen that Kernel V2.70 was released on 2019-11-12 but can't find a downloadable version.

V270_191004_BETA unfortunately didn't resolve the issue with RTR frames.

Where/when can I download the released V2.70 ?

Best Regards

Philipp

• Hello,

at the time only the version for WEC7 is available.

We have not fix date for the WEC2013 if it is urgend i please you to add the driver manually.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Could you provide some information on how to proceed with replacing the old driver ? Apparently, the driver is preloaded within the kernel.

Just placing the dll in FFSDISK and adapting the registry driver file path for CAN interfaces didn't work for me.

• Hello,

copy the driver to ffsdisk and change registry path (or just the drivers name). In your case:

reg open \Drivers\builtin\efusa9\CAN<x>\

reg set value Dll string \ffsdisk\<my_new_diver>.dll

reg save

reboot

PS: by default without path system checks first window second ffsdisk.