Enabling UART E on efusA9X

• Dear Suport Team,

Can you please tell me if it is possible to use UART E on efusA9X (pins 126 and 86) if we don't don't use it for default purpose? You mention in hardware documentation that:

UART_E, UART_F and UART_D control are pin sharing options and need special software

support. This functionality is not available on other efus boards and is not available on F&S

evaluation baseboards.

Does this mean that we need some special BSP from you if we need to use UART E as the fifth UART on efusA9X?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Dear Mr. Bazdar,

right you need a new BSP (at least a new serial driver). I will try to provide you the driver next week. You will find it here in this thread.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

you can download the driver now. For me it is not easy to test because on or SKIT the pins conncted to audio. So i please you to test it on your HW. If any issues please send me the serial debug output while boot.

By default i disable the UART4 (COM5:) driver, so you have to remeove the "flags" value in the reg file. Also don't forget to disable the audio driver.

Files

• UART4.zip

(17.59 kB, downloaded 294 times, last: )

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Dear Support Team,

Thanks a lot for such a swift response. We'll have to make some hw modifications as well in order to test the driver, so, as soon as we manage to do it, I will provide feedback from our side.

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Hello again,

I have modified our image as per your instructions. Fifth UART appeared in the system, I can open and close it from program, no errors appear on serial debug, so hopefully it will work at once. For full test we have to wait for our modifications in hardware though.

Thanks for now,

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Dear Support Team,

It turned out that we need to use some more UART lines, specifically RTS_D_TTL (line 76) and CTS_D_TTL (line 78). I suppose we need modification in BSP from your side in order to use this feature?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Vladimir Obradovic

• Hello,

>> I suppose we need modification in BSP from your side in order to use this feature?

<< Yes thats right. For UART6 (in SW COM4:, in HW UART Doc. UART_D) RTS and CTS are not implemented at the time. I will try to provide you the new driver this week.