Getting a USB HID compatible Touchscreen to work

• Hello,

I am using an armStoneA9 board. And try to get the touch of a EDT display to work.

It has an USB interface for touch with an ilitek 2511qgq10 chip.

When I connect the USB to my desktop PC it shows up as a "HID compatible Touchscreen" and works with the standard windows driver version 10.0.19041.1 from 21.06.2006.

What do I need to do to get it working on my armStoneA9 board?

• Hello,

there is no generic "HID compatible Touchscreen" driver available under WEC.

Think you have two options:

- ask the manufacturer for a driver for WECx using USB. In gerneral you got one DLL and set Registry settings.

- over I2C we support common ILITEK touch modules using protocol V3.X data format. So i assume ilitec 2511 chip should work with this driver. Else we can also build a driver for you.

I would prefer the i2c interface. If any problem with the driver occur we can solve it.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Since I have only access to the USB output of the touch controller due to the hardware of my display and it seems there is no WEC driver available (still awaiting final response from the manufaturer) would you be able to build a USB driver or is that option only available for a modified I2C driver?

• Sorry we are not able to build USB driver for this external HW.

But we should await the answer from manufacturer maybe they have a driver. But you should also keep in mind that such a HW composition in general is not long term available.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• FYI:

finally the customer modified the touch controller board for use I2C interface because there was no USB driver avilable.

Using our I2C driver touch panel works now.