How to maintain RTC on power down

• Dear Support Team,

On our efusA9X board implementation we have applied battery supply (voltage level about 3.15V) on pin 9 of efusA9X, as suggested in hardware design guide. We still cannot get correct time after power restart. I mean, we set correct time and date using date/time commands, but after power restart, date is reset to Sunday, January 01, 2006. year.

Do we miss something some RTC related setting in the configuration, or a kind of forcing write to system clock?

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Hello,

3.15 V on pin 9 is correct! It should work.

Any hints in serial debug output?

Date/Time is read from RTC chip by kernel while boot and written from ExtRTC driver ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\EFUSA9X\ExternalRTC]) while set from user or modules.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Dear Support Team,

I have disabled I2C drivers in our custom image, since we do not use I2C peripherals. That is the reason why RTC haven't kept the correct time. I have now enabled I2C bus drivers through Catalog items, and RTC started working.

Can you please confirm that we will still be able to use UART E when I2C is enabled, since UART E lines are shared with I2C?

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Hello,

as outlined in Registry "I2CPORT"="I2C1:".

This is a native I2C (but there should be no barrier to change configuration to soft I2C).

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

Thanks for the help.

I have now enabled I2C bus drivers through Catalog items, and RTC started working.

Can you please confirm that we will still be able to use UART E when I2C is enabled, since UART E lines are shared with I2C?

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Hello,

>>Can you please confirm that we will still be able to use UART E when I2C is enabled, since UART E lines are shared with I2C?

<< Yes, as far as i see any UART is connected to pin 130, 132 even not via a jumper option.

• Hello,

I am concerned with lines 86 (UART E TX shared with I2C_B_IRQ) and 153 (UART E RTS shared with I2C_A_IRQ). If we keep I2C driver enabled, will it break UART E?

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Hello,

>>I am concerned with lines 86 (UART E TX shared with I2C_B_IRQ) and 153 (UART E RTS shared with I2C_A_IRQ). If we keep I2C driver enabled, will it break UART E?

<< No, these lines are not used direct by the I2C driver (only SDA and SCL). Only if you use another driver e.g. Touch Panel Driver via I2C then the IRQs involved.

BTW: you can switch off all other I2C except RTC I2C1: by specifiy Registry value Flags=dword:4 in the corresponding keys.