Change of Flash to 128MB

• Hello,

we got the PCN about the change of the hardware of PicoCOM4 (Flash: 64MB ATO to 128MB Winbond).

The last devices we got in July 2020 with ATO flash and had be programmed they with our 000_Programmierfile_PicoCom4.nbi:

[Files]

EBoot=02_eBootLoaderPc4_108.nb0

Kernel=05_Kernel_NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin

BMP=04_Bootscreen.bmp

PSD=03_BootloaderConfig_Pc4_121126.bin

[PSD]

WCEMacAddress=no

ENableReceive=0

Is there any change needed for using with the new flash? Or were all changes made in installed nboot?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Rainer

• You need to install the lastest version of eboot and kernel to support the new flash:

eboot_pc4_112.nb0

XIPNKPC4_CORE_CF35_V117_210216.bin

You might have to adjust the partition sizes for the new kernel and filesystem in the PSD file.

There are no changes necessary from the application side.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi there,

I have changed the 000_Programmierfile_PicoCom4.nbi to:

My output is:

I didn't understand the Error Message about creation of partition.

My partition data: (I tried also with SECOND set to 0MB and FFSDISK to 64MB)

At startup I got this output:

Is there a problem with my bootloaders... are they compatible?

Maybe your comment in the last answer should help me:

You might have to adjust the partition sizes for the new kernel and filesystem in the PSD file

But I don't know, how to change this binary file. I think it was made by F&S

Thank you for your help

• Edit:

the order of the representations above is not correct, I have created the partitions and then flashed. If I then read out the partitioning data again I get (not 100% sure, Starterkit not available right now):

Total : 256 MB

OS-Image: 128 MB

FFSDISK : -128 MB, Part type: FAT

The partitioning seems to be changed by flashing.

• Hello,

think the problem is the partitioning information inside "PSD=03_BootloaderConfig_Pc4_121126.bin", we have to change it. What is the original name of this file, or did you create it by yourself?

For one sample you can do the changes manually, just use bootloader command "P"... after flash complete data . Then flash data again without PSD.

I am on vacation we can create new PSD next week.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

thanks for your help.

I have now worked without the PSD file and so the error messages have disappeared.

I don't know if the file ever had a different name or if we created it ourselves. The initial developers of the product are no longer with the company.

Where can I find the PSD format description then they can edit it themselves if necessary?

Thanks for the great support.

• Hello,

PSD format is not public. But you can create a new PSD derived from your old one by yourself.

Do steps as otlined above:"For one sample you can do the changes manually, just use bootloader command "P"... after flash complete data . Then flash data again without PSD."

Now new PSD data in flash is the same as in the old one except partitioning and every thing should work.

Now try to create new PSD file by ndcucfg form OS using ndcucfg command "psd read nynewpsd.bin". Finally you can copy this PSD file to your host PC and flash it via NBI file as usual.

Hope this helps.

• Hello,

in the meantime I tried your suggestion about the PSD file and the manual workaround is OK. We only have some devices for repairing, no production, so we can do steps manually.

Now I have a running system, application starts... but the touch coordinates are changed.

If I use an old PicoCOM I can control my application, but with the new PicoCOM this is not any longer possible (most of touch is out of visible area)

I changed the launch application to TouchCalibrate.exe. After tapping the crosses and one time to empty screen (our device doesn't have any buttons and the application is full screen) the screen is empty. Then via NetDCU I can save the registry and change the launch application to our application. Now the calibration is OK.

Was there also a change at the calibration settings? We have a Hitachi TX14D14VM1BBA. The manual workaround is possible for us... question just for interest.

• Hello,

as far as I see there are no changes relate to touch calibration neither in HW nor in SW (registry, driver).

If you switch back to "old" PC4 with "old" SW using exactly the same display, then really no calibration is required?

• Hello,

I think it was incorrect so say, I didn't need a calibration, but I write different calibration data.

After writing my last post I found the function in NetDCU to get the result of my TouchCalibration:

!> reg open HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
    !> reg enum

So I have to do less manual steps.

The calibration data for registry at

"old" PC4 is: reg set value CalibrationData string "1043,1045 1426,616 649,601 653,1498 1423,1486"

"new" PC4 is: reg set value CalibrationData string "525,513 729,271 321,278 320,759 735,752"

• Hello,

i am not sure if i understood.

You wrote to ""new" PC4 is: reg set value CalibrationData string "525,513 729,271 321,278 320,759 735,752""?

Because when i open the "new" PC4 kernel i see default is the same as in the "old" one ("1043,1045 1426,616 649,601 653,1498 1423,1486").

So everthing is ok for you?

• Hello,

yes, everything is fine for me.

I don't understand why my calibration data is different than the data before (without changing anything other than the PicoCOM), but it works.

Thank you for your constant support.