Ethernet Driver Setting disable Autonegotiation

• Hello,

This is for the QBlissA9 board.

In hardware our Ethernet port is only 100Mb/s and the default setting is AutoDetect which causes problems with certain Gig hardware (HP switch, other network hardware). Problem is that the port goes in DISCONNECTED state and or doesn't get dhcp IP address. Seems the auto negotiation doesn't work well.

So I'd like to switch it off and fix the port on 100Mb/s full duplex.

I tried with SpeedDuplex setting in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ETHNETA1\Parms but doesn't seem to work. Under this reg key there is already a DuplexMode dword.

Can you shed some light on this, how to get this to work? I think your carier board would also have the same problem of not auto negotiating properly.

Best regards

• Hello,

you can switch off 1GB by:

HKLM\comm\ethneta1\parms\CapGBit=dword:0.

Hope this helps.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Doesn't seem to work.

I still get

ENET: LinkState: FULL-DUP, 1000Mbps

reported when connected to the HP Gig switch. DHCP fails.

My commands:

reg open \Comm\ETHNETA1\Parms

reg set value CapGBit dword 0

reg save

• Hello,

modify:

reg open \Comm\ETHNETA1\Parms

reg set value CapGBit dword 0

reg set value Debug dword 255

reg save

Now you should find "CapGBit=0" in the debug output else your kernel is to old and does not support the feature or there is a bug in the driver!

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• In order to eliminate baseboard hardware I have tried linux boot loader. Uboot comes with a dhcp tool to obtain ip address. This works without glitch connected to the same HP switch.

Can we conclude there is a driver issue in WEC?

• Hello all,

limit speed to 100MBit via Registry on FSIMX6 is working now. We will add this feature into kernel versions greater equal V3.0 (or into custom kernel if requested).

FYI: on FSIMX6SX it works already since V1.1.