Yocto fsimx8mm libgl error

• Hi,

Board: fsimx8mm Development board

Yocto: fsimx8mm-Y2021.04

I want to build a image with QT5. But if I call "bitbake fus-image-qt5" I get the following error message.

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libgl' (but /home/mesch/fsimx8mm-Y2021.04/build-yocto/yocto-3.0-fus/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-multimedia/v4l2apps

/v4l-utils_1.16.5.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

mesa-gl PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: incompatible with machine fsimx8mm (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)

imx-gpu-viv PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: incompatible with machine fsimx8mm (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)

imx-gpu-viv PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: missing required distro feature 'wayland' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)

imx-gpu-viv PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: incompatible with machine fsimx8mm (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)

imx-gpu-viv PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: missing required distro feature 'wayland' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)

What is going wrong ?

Is there a dependency missing or is the argument (image) for bitbake wrong ("fus-image-qt5") ?

If I build a image with "bitbake core-image-minimal" all works well.

Thanks

Klaus

• Hello,

we are using Ubuntu-20.04. Yocto is running correct. If we do "bitbake core-image-minimal" all works well. We have copied the *.wic file to a SD-Card and linux is booting and we receive the login prompt.

Are there any additional packages necessary ?

We have installed the packages with your yocto-download script. In this script we have changed the first line into

#!/bin/bash . Without this change the script is not running.

Thanks

Klaus

• There seems to be an issue with MACHINEOVERRIDES mechanism. Normally fsimx8mm should be replaced by mx8mm and therefore be recognized by the imx-gpu-viv package. With our development machine, this works so I'm guessing it is an issue with your build environment.

On https://docs.yoctoproject.org/…ts.html#ubuntu-and-debian there is documented which packages need to be installed for Ubuntu-20.04 so please try to install these packages.

Also, could you post the entries of your build-fsimx8mm-fus-imx-wayland/conf/local.conf file?

Your F&S Support Team

• I have controlled the yocto packages on the host - all packages are installed.

Please find attached local.conf

Is it possible that the packages from your virtual machine are different to the packages which are installed with your yocto-download script ?

Which *.conf files are important for the MACHINEOVERRIDES mechanism belonging to libgl ?

Thanks

Klaus

• Hello,

I have started the script once again as described above. The directory

fsimx8mm-Y2021.04/build-yocto/yocto-3.0-fus/build-fsimx8mm-fus-imx-wayland is created.

But it I always get the following error after starting "bitbake fus-imx-wayland"

Loading cache: 100% |#################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:00

Loaded 4819 entries from dependency cache.

Parsing recipes: 100% |###############################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:01

Parsing of 3391 .bb files complete (3390 cached, 1 parsed). 4820 targets, 478 skipped, 1 masked, 0 errors.

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'fus-imx-wayland'

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Thanks,

Klaus

• Hello,

DISTRO stands for the distribution of the system, meaning the graphical backend that is used.

It only has to be set when initializing the build with the fus-setup-release script.

The problem was, that you used the fus-imx-fb DISTRO , which is not supported for i.MX8 boards. That is why you did get the error message

Bitbake builds packages and images.

So what you will have to do is to initializethe build with fus-imx-wayland

Code
    1. DISTRO=fus-imx-wayland MACHINE=fsimx8mm . fus-setup-release.sh

And then build the QT5 image

Code
    1. bitbake fus-image-qt5

Your F&S Support Team

• Hello,

now I can build the image.

During the file system creation, there is the error "Error: max_leb_cnt too low (2053 needed)".

I have changed "MKUBIFS_ARGS ??= "-m 2048 -e 126976 -c 3072" in /meta-fus/conf/distro/include/fus-common.inc".

Now I have a ready image,

Thanks for your help.

Klaus