Unknown command 'fastboot' at new boards

• Hello,

we have a problem with our new boards, which arrived recently.

We made an installation image some times ago, which worked fine. But with the new Boards the installation doesn't boot anymore. It installs without any errors, but at the end, when it tries to boot, it says "Unknown command 'fastboot' - try 'help'"

So we updated Buildroot etc to the new Release fsimx6-B2021.10.1, but we got the same error.

So i tried to just use the sdcard-fsimx6-B2021.10.1.tar.bz2 stuff, copied to to an USB-Stick, installed, and got the same error. Trying to "boot" after install and got that error.

After that i tried the same USB-Stick with an old board and it worked perfect.

So there seems to be a problem with the new Boards.

Worked on : armStoneA9r2 Rev 1.20 (LAN, 2x DRAM)

Doesn't work on: armStoneA9r2 Rev 1.30 (LAN, 2x DRAM)

Any Hints please?

Kind Regards

Christian Milling

This is the log from trying to install you SD-Card Image:

• Hello,

thank you for pointing this out.

There was a problem in our production line for the new release fsimx6-B2021.10.1. The bootcmd variable was overridden with 'fastboot 0'.

This is fixed now, but i.MX6-boards, which were delivered between 27.10.2021 and 24.11.2021 may have this issue.

The best way to fix this is running the following command e.g in your Install/Update script or from the uboot command line:

Code
    1. env default bootcmd;

This will reset bootcmd to the default value. Be sure

Code
    1. saveenv

is executed afterward.

This is also necessary, if you install the Uboot with the MFG-Tool or the NetDCU-USB-Loader and start the Uboot right away, without reset,

Please excuse the inconvenience.

Your F&S Support Team