Resistive touch screen controller SINTF-ADP-RTI2C issue

• Hi,

Hi everyone.

On an armstonea9r2 I'm unable to let the Resistive touch kit 2 (SINTF-ADP-RTI2C) works: just wondering if I'm missing something.

I've connected the 6 pole hirose connector to the board.

I've enabled the SX8655 touchscreen controller, uncommenting the following line in the armstonea9r2dl.dts device tree source script:

define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_4WTOUCH_SX8655

I've successfully rebuilt the device tree and deployed it on the board, but the controller doesn't works.

dmesg displays the following error:

Code
    1. <snip>
    2. Sitronix touch driver 2.9.15
    3. Release date: 20140916
    4. sx8654 1-0048: writing softreset value failed
    5. rtc-pcf8563 0-0051: chip found, driver version 0.4.3

I've decoded the actual devicetree binary file generated in the output/images folder (with the dtc -I dtb armstonea9r2dl.dtb command and the following fragment is generated, that seems correct to me:

If I try to probe the i2c-1 bus (that I've checked being effectively mapped to i2c@021a4000) through the i2cdetect 1, the controller address won't shows up (should be 0x48):

I've checked that 3.3V is delivered to the touch board (pin 1 & 6).

I've also tested the i2c port by connecting a different controller (STMPE 610), and through the i2cdetect and i2cdump / i2cget I'm able to get data from the bus, so I assume that from the armstone side, the i2c is working (same interrupts, but different i2c address, namely 0x41)

Am I missing something? Is there something else I can try?

Looking forward for your kind reply,

BR

Michele Bucceri

• Hello Michele,

it looks like the connection cable is wrong. We offer two different cables, where the I2C Signals are crossed or not.

Please send an E-Mail to our sales department, they will provide you the right one.

We are very sorry for this mistake.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.