QBlissA9 does not boot

• Hi,

We have a several of these boards coming back from customers with an intermittent problem (screen stays black, not running software). After investigating, the boards sometimes start up ok but mostly no bootloader kicks in. There is no output on debug serial port.

We run with F3S file system. I've noticed with these boards (even ok boards) sometimes they take ~7 seconds before debug output is produced from bootloader.

LED on the board is lit (orange) which is normal.

In this vegetative state nothing helps, no reset, no powercycle. Only after been powered off for a while they come back to normal when powered.

I read in the documentation about Boot Fail on HW rev 1.1 till 1.3.

We have rev 1.31.

What can we measure on the boards to confirm it is still Boot Fail?

• Please send the boards back with RMA so we can analyze them.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• We did some more analysing as the boards seem to work normal in the F&S Startintf (demo carrier board). We cannot get it in the Boot fail state using the Startintf.

On our carrier board we noticed a reset can lead to boot start of the WEC board only after several seconds delay. A reset on the Startintf immediately starts the boot.

So after checking once more the power requirements (5Vcc and 5V_STB) the difference in carrier boards is that Startintf is equipped with alot more peripheral. The question arises if there are any signals on the Goldfinger connector which can't be left dangling?

For eaxmple there are PWRBTN, LIDBTN and SLP_BTN. Then there are several SUS_ lines.

Any idea?

• Even in Startintf they don't work. On this carrier board there is also a power button and with this button the processor starts (not always) but not with the reset button.

After a reset on the Startintf the processor board does not react immediately. Only after a while (~10-60sec) it performs the reset.

I think the best is to send the 2 boards I have back to you as it seems the Boot fail of the IMX6 is still prevalent.

In the past there were boot fail problems on the imx6: IMX6 Solo intermittent boot-up failures - NXP Community

But some of the solutions were workarounds and later corrected in the silicon (these 2 boards are on AC revision)

Some workarounds, e.g. an external watchdog might not have worked.

115AC6: Intermittent boot fail

115AFE: Constant boot fail

• Please contact your distributor Batenburg/Adelco for more information.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.