DCUTerm only Shows <0>'s

• Everything is connected and configured per the start guide and I get a response on screen but its all 0's. What am I missing? I expected to get into Nboot or Eboot by pressing S key but no response. Just lots of <0> that eventually stop when you see the desktop on LCD. Thanks

• Do you have the right settings? 115200 bd, no flow control. Do you use a Null-Modem Cable? Do you use the right UART port on the board. There are some ports that use TTL levels, not RS232 levels, but the debug output is on a port with RS232. If you are using a Serial-to-USB adapter, this also might cause problems.

When using Linux, you should better use a terminal program like Putty or TeraTerm. DCUTerm does not support the terminal emulation commands that are sent by Linux devices to switch text color or bold, italics, etc. Then you see regular output mixed with Escape sequences.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Ive tried all different Baud Rates with same results. Im using a windows 7 workstation I keep around and has a physical PCI 2 Serial (RS232) Ports / 1 Parallel port (startech/amazon) which works for other similar applications. Ive attached pictures of my settings. By all accounts this should be working and it responds when I power on but Im not getting actual data I expect, only <0> . Your help is appreciated,

• Hello,

debugport is labled with "COM1" (next to touch connector) you are connected to "COM2"!

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Are you at all familiar with the board combination in the attached picture? Its a German manufactured printer that uses the PicoCOM5 board as part of its OS and we have been having a lot of issues with boot failures or file system becoming corrupted. We purchased the PIcoCOM5 starter kit in hopes that we could shed some light on these issues by looking at the boot up sequences and hopefully be able to store or clone good working units to bad ones to try and salvage them. The manufacturer has provided no assistance with this issue and at $5,000 per replacement board (est. 15+ units) our customers are getting upset and we would like to help them.

I tried using the DCUTerm program on the 10 pin header in hopes that would be a debug port but I get constant <0>'s while the printer is powered on.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hello,

We can only provide support for standard versions of the PicoCOMA5.

In this case, the customer's software is used and we do not have access to it. Please clarify with the customer directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

• I have moved this thread to the Windows section as it seems to belong there (see WinCE start screen).

Your F&S Support Team