PicoComA9X not booting

• After programming the board (15cb30), it is no longer responsive, not answering to NBoot s-press.

It is possible that during programming the nboot has been overwritten.

Is it possible to reload a new nboot with a JTag programmer?

• What exactly did you do? Which update tools were used?

Which files did you program?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I now see this is the windows forum, using a Linux board, could this question be moved to Linux PicoCom?

I was updating the nboot from the screen application, and probably I didn';t send it as binairy (need to check the method, if it uses binairy or not..). Just to make sure if we update it, what would happen. I know, I shouldn't have, but it happened. Bummer.

I used the nboot v50 binairy file from the download section of the site.

If I now connect the board to our custom carrier, it doesn't react to anything: USB, serial, display etc.

We did get a development kit from our customer, but he probably broke that (mounted PicoCom defect.. when used on our own board it get increadibly hot very quick, don;t know what happened there, and because of that the picocom broke the devkit supply I think), so I could potentially test the PicoCom on the devkit if I fix it first.

So I used:
    * Linux PC with 'screen' to connect to terminal with nboot (v36 I think)

* nboot v50 bin taken from last buildroot env

* probably non-binairy transfer of file (need to verify). Planned to do full update including U-Boot, and custom image

• have you tried holding 's' during power-up?

If the board does not respond to the key then the nboot is not working.

For the PicoCOM series you need a special adapter to set it to recovery mode.

Please send the board back with RMA.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.