Problem with FFSDISK when program is started by bootloader

• Hello there!

I have a problem with the Flashdisk in my NetDCU 5.2.
    Everything works fine, as long as my program (c#, .net compact framework) isn't started by autostart.
    When the program has started, i am still able to change things via ftp or telnet (rename files, copy files, etc.), but when i restart the NetDCU, everything is exaclty like it was before i changed it. So, I can't use the Bootloader and the only way to stop the autostart and change something is a total registry erase... (my program has no "quit" function at the moment...).

I start the Bootloader as "Launch95" in the registry, winvnc.exe is the only service, that is started after it ("Launch96"). All the other things (FTP,...) are started before. Changing the boot-order has also brought no success.

Can this be a problem in the memory-division?

Do I have to change something else in the registry (I only added a value to "Init" to start the bootloader)?

Another thing I noticed, is a message on the COM1-Console (where the boot-messages are displayed). It says "got Shell_NotifyIcon [...] szTip=VNC Server (User):MyIpAddress" and appears repeatingly about every second. Maybe this is also connected to the problem??

I hope someone can help me, I'm not keen on clearing the registry another 10 times :-)

Greetings,
    Stefan

• Hello,

Which program do you start by "Launch95"?

I start the Bootloader as "Launch95" in the registry,...

I dont know this program!

Everything works fine, as long as my program (c#, .net compact framework) isn't started by autostart ...

I suggest the system is very busy so the flash driver does not get computing time from scheduler! Are you sure all components you needed are started before your program starts?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello Zutter!
    Thank you for the fast answer!

Quote from "Zutter"

I suggest the system is very busy so the flash driver does not get computing time from scheduler!

That's it! I didn't thought this could happen, but that's the reason.

My program reads messages from RS232 and diplays a bitmap on the screen, depending on what message arrived. I start this program with the bootloader "Launch95", so that i am able to put a new version on the NetDCU, while the old one is running.
    I refreshed the screen to often (every 100ms, works and looks ok). Now I increased this interval, and the flash driver also works fine - parallel to my program!

I also just recognized that the problem has nothing to do with the bootloader. It also happens, when i start my program by double-clicking on it in the "explorer".

Is there the possiblity to give the flash driver a higher priority, than other running processes?

Many thanks,
    Stefan

• Hello,

you can adjust drivers priority under registry key
    "HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\NANDFMD" by:

Code
    1. reg open \Drivers\BuiltIn\NANDFMD
    2. reg set value Priority256 DWORD X
    3. reg set value Debug DWORD 4

The registry value "Debug" lists the current priority in the debug out while startup. "Priority256" value is DWORD from X=0 up to 255 (highest priority is 0).

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.