Broken forms under Compact Framework 2.0

• Hi,

I have a strange effect. All of my programs developed under VS2005/CF2 in the emulator is good looking but on the NetDCU8's LCD broken. The first 10-20 pixel is cleared the whole width of the form. Below this cleared area everything is correct. The left side of this cleared area there is a vertical 1 pixel wide line (like a cursor, but it is not, because cursor is in a textbox, and flashing well). I am stuck, I have no idea what should I do. I tried to download a newer kernel (NK8Media_CF2_070726) but the result is exactly the same. Other programs have not got any screen problem.

Regards,
    Zoltan

• Hello,

which display and which display settings do you use?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I tried to download a kernel without compact framework. Then I let the VS2005 download the compact framework CAB file. The result is the same: cleared area on the top of the window. I tried your program: splines. It works well. Only the compact framework's software has this behaviour.

I use Hitachi SP14Q006 TZA. The settings:
    reg open \drivers\display\Samsung
    reg create key mode100
    reg set value name string "Hitachi SP14x"
    reg set value BFW dword 0
    reg set value EFW dword 0
    reg set value BLW dword 4
    reg set value ELW dword 4
    reg set value LPP dword 240
    reg set value PPL dword 320
    reg set value VSW dword 2
    reg set value HSW dword 3
    reg set value type dword 0
    reg set value config dword 0x00400000
    reg set value msignal dword 0
    reg set value rows dword 240
    reg set value columns dword 320
    reg set value width dword 154
    reg set value height dword 114
    reg set value contrastEnable dword 1
    reg set value contrastValue dword 0xeff
    reg set value bpp dword 4
    reg set value lcdclk dword 2
    reg set value EnableCursor dword 1
    display mode set 100
    contrast set 0xeff
    reg save
    reboot

• Hello,

try "reg set value bpp dword 8" or "reg set value bpp dword 16". CF may not support less than 8bpp?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• If you add an empty main menu to the form in the designer, you won't see an empty menubar. You can see the mainmenu in the nonvisual components at the bottom of the designer window.

I have exactly the same behaviour like your screenshots with an empty mainmenu.