Posts by jovic

I turned off AutoDST:

reg open "\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Clock"
    reg set value AutoDST DWORD 0

Now I have to wait until the exception occurs, which unfortunately doesn't happen immediately. A long run showed, that at least one of our four test devices come up with this error approx. every 4-6 hours. Maybe it has something to do with the way Windows handles the AutoDST switch.

I have the same problem since a couple of days (maybe since the switch-back from daylight saving time to normal time?):

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale)
    at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetDayOfWeek(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 targetDayOfWeek, Int32 numberOfSunday, Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second, Int32 millisecond)
    at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetDaylightChanges(Int32 year)
    at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetUtcOffsetFromUniversalTime(DateTime time, Boolean& isAmbiguousLocalDst)
    at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.ToLocalTime(DateTime time)
    at System.DateTime.ToLocalTime()
    at System.DateTime.get_Now()
    at HTHal.DeviceTimer.get_InAction()
    at HTHal.Device.UpdateTimerEvents()
    at HTHal.DeviceManager.DeviceTimerTick(Object state)
    at System.Threading.Timer.ring()

Thank you for the quick response. Will make my life muche easier, especially during prototyping.

Quote from "fs-support_MK"

You may enable debug output again with the ndcucfg command "serial debug on".

If the kernel starts, yes, but if not you are lost, because there is no ndcucfg running...

Hello,
    I am not sure, if it is a bug or a feature, but when you turn off debug output in the bootloader ('OY'), there is no way to step into the bootloader again using the 'S' key during startup. Only 's' works (nand loader).
    So if the device doesn't boot anymore, the only way to gain access to it again, is to erase the flash, reflash the bootloader and then reflash the kernel. I am pretty sure, that the NetDCU8 bootloader behaves differently.

Regards,
    Mate Jovic

Hi Holger,
    it seems to work. I have tested it with your demo app (nd52_video_power) and the display gets black and reappears after 5 seconds. Is there any chance to get that error fixed in the cf2 image - our boards are currently preinstalled with NK82_CF2_061024?

Thanks,
    Mate

Hi all,
    I have the problem that the display is losing its contrast value, after turning the display controller off and back on. I tried in several ways:

1. with ndcucfg.exe: display power off -> on
    2. With the power saving feature of windows
    3. programatically by using the function ExtEscape()

The display controller turns off and back on again, but then with no picture. By changing the contrast manually (e.g. "contrast +" in ndcucfg.exe) the picture reappears. Is it an issue with my lcd (ER057)?

Thanks in advance,
    Mate

You have to reinstall the SDK while you are logged in as Administrator, just beeing in the administrative group isn't enough. By default the Administrator is disabled in Vista. Enable it, set a password for it, log in as Administrator and reinstall the SDK.

Hope this helps,
    Mate

Hi all,
    I have tried to install the NetDCU8 development environment on Vista (Ultimate). Everything works fine, except that the NetDCU8 SDK doesn't seem to register properly as a new platform. When I try to load an existing NetDCU8 Win32 project, VS complains, that the platform is not installed. Also, when I start a new project, I can only select from the default platforms that come with VS 2005 (2003 Smartphone and Pocket PC).

My Software Configuration:

- Windows Vista Ultimate
    - Visual Studio 2005 Professional
    - SP 1
    - VS Update for Vista
    - .net CF2 SP 2
    - Mobile Device Center
    - NetDCU8 SDK

Any hints?
    Regards,
    Mate

Possibly a stupid question:

I have opened port 0 for read/write access with the CreateFile() function. I have initialisized all pins as "UseAsIO" in the registry. I am able to set and delete single bits with some bit masking and the WriteFile() function.

My problem is, that I need one pin to act in both directions. I can define the direction in the registry (DataDir), but how can this be done at runtime?

Thanks in advance,
    Mate Jovic

Hi all,

I have serious problems to calibrate a touch panel, that is connected to a netDCU8. It is a 5,7'' 4-wire-panel. I can start the calibration software and it registers my touches, because the cross is moving. But the calibration process never stops, although I have repeated it many times. When I try to hit gui elements without calibration, I can see, that the hits will be registered quite accurate on the left side of the screen. The more I move to the right, the worse it is getting.

I have already replaced the touch panel - the same story.

So where is the mistake?

1. Do I have to configure the touch panel in the registry
    2. Is it possible, that I have misconnected the panel to the NetDCU8, especially when you keep the behaviour in mind, as derscribed above?

Thanks in advance,
    Mate Jovic