User (10.0.0.199:(none)): admin
    331 User name okay, need password.
    Password:
    230 User logged in, proceed.
    ftp> put test.txt
    200 Command okay.
    532 Need account for storing files.
    ftp>

What does "532 Need account for storing files." mean, where I have create an account?

Steffen

I downloaded the firmware files from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fs-net.de/download/bin">http://www.fs-net.de/download/bin</a><!-- m -->

and tested them on my netdcu8. I'm using EBOOT8_117.zip too.

On all firmware versions I observed that sometimes the network controller gets not turned on. The network led is off. Further all binaries are not starting the com2 config application.

I don't know which version I had before on my netdcu, it was the default version which gets shipped. This firmware was working.

I have 3 questiions:

* from where can I get the original fimrware version? The download area contains only binaries form 2006.

* why is the com2 config utility not started on the new firmwares? Or this a different baudrate used?

* if I'm using NK8MediaIE_060420.zip: I'm getting following boot messages:

ERROR: f:\wince500\platform\netdcu8\src\drivers\display\s3c2440lcd\lcdgpe.cpp line 461:
    ERROR: Unable to AllocPhysMem() Error=8
    InitializeDisplayHardware Complete
    Data Abort: Thread=81dce564 Proc=815de950 'gwes.exe'
    AKY=00000009 PC=03fc5974(coredll.dll+0x00055974) RA=029d548c(ddi_s3c2440.dll+0x0000548c) BVA=08000000 FSR=00000007
    Data Abort: Thread=81dce564 Proc=815de950 'gwes.exe'
    AKY=00000009 PC=029d6c70(ddi_s3c2440.dll+0x00006c70) RA=000276bc(gwes.exe+0x000176bc) BVA=08000000 FSR=00000007

The binary is not starting. What I have to do to get it working?

Steffen

I can't connect TO the netdcu8 using \\ip addr and I can connect FROM the netdcu8 using WNetAddConnection3. WNetAddConnection3 returns ERROR_BAD_NETPATH. "net use \\10.0.0.1\temp" is also not working.

What I'm doing wrong?

NETRESOURCE res;
    memset(&res,0,sizeof(NETRESOURCE));
    res.dwType=RESOURCETYPE_DISK;
    res.lpLocalName=NULL;
    res.lpProvider=NULL;
    res.lpRemoteName=L"\\\\1.1.1.16\\Temp";
    WNetAddConnection3(NULL,&res,L"xxx",L"Administrator",0);

Steffen

In the header file file, functions like OpenStore/FindFirstStore/FindNextStore/CeGetVolumeInfo are declared, but they are not available in any lib file.

How can I call these functions? In which dll files are these functions?

I found the declaration of IOCTL_STORE_OPEN and IOCTL_STORE_FINDFIRST. What data I have to pass? Where is IOCTL_STORE_FINDNEXT?

Steffen

If I connetc a usb stick, I get "\Hard Disk", but on some usb sticks nothing happens.

How do I know whether a USB stick is connected, and where (which path) I can access them?

Steffen

a) I start cemgrc, but sometimes em. visual c or the tools are unable to connect.

b)how is the usb device working? I pluged in the usb cable, after a really long time, windows says: "unknown usb device". I tried all dip switch settings (1 off 2 off 3 on) described in dcu3.pdf or so.

- what are the correct settings?
    - "usb device" means always a "windows ce" device and protocol or can I also specify/write my own slave device, like mass storage?

Steffen

Section 3.1 of NetDCU8_FirstSteps_eng.pdf says that I don't have to start cemgrc on the netdcu8 to establish a connection in embedded vc4. But this doesn't work with my board. I have to start cemgrc, then sometimes it is working, but sometimes not.

Also debugging an application is unstable, sometimes the connection gets established, sometimes I have to start cemgrc plus cmd line.

What wrong with my board?

Steffen

I have a NETDCU8 and the SP14Q006 Display. Since this display is not explained in NetDCU8_Display_eng.pdf, I used the SP14Q001 connection. Further I used the registry settings from the cd \display directory. Not my display mode is 100. But I can't see anything on the display.

Windows CE boots, I can start apps, Zoomin app shows me that windows ce is displaying the ui, telnet is working...

Why I don't see anything on the display?

Steffen