Posts by andyinfsnet

Hello

now a more heavy problem arised concerning this issue(seems one of Murphys laws has been proved again).

I cannot debug anymore, from one moment to the other. Deployment still works, but when I start any NETDCU 8 application from VS2008
    then there appears a VS 2008 messsage box, that Debug is no more possible. I saw at the serial debug output the following:

Data Abort: Thread=83ba2400 Proc=80eff0d0 'conmanclient2.exe'
    AKY=ffffffff PC=8015c300(NK.EXE+0x00023300) RA=8015c2a0(NK.EXE+0x000232a0) BVA=1800003c FSR=00000007

So it depends to the conection manager conmanclient2. Can you give me any instructions what to do?

bye

Hello

after trying to workaround the problem, I found, that even when I just deploy the exe/dll to the device, the serial output shows me that(after power on the device, nothing was loaded before):

DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH, ProcessID: 0x63c2423a
    Call from path \ffsdisk\conn\conmanclient2.exe
    Call from ConManClient2, do nothing
    DLL_PROCESS_DETACH, ProcessID: 0x63c2423a

Then I start the application, having a breakpoint in the DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH swtich:
    DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH, ProcessID: 0x63c2423a
    Call from path \ffsdisk\conn\conmanclient2.exe
    Call from ConManClient2, do nothing
    DLL_PROCESS_DETACH, ProcessID: 0x63c2423a

Then after the breakpoint this:
    DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH, ProcessID: 0x 3b626ae
    Call from path \ffsdisk\testEXE\testEXE.exe
    Call from EXE
    MUTEX CREATION OK, ProcessID: 0x 3b626ae

The code in the attach section:

Hi

It is the conmanclient2.exe (0x83b94b76) that is calling this DLL. I use conmanclient2 to connect the Visual Studio to the target device.
    Now I understand the behaviour of another DLL that I use, in debugging environment...

Here the output of the serial line:

DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH, ProcessID: 0x83b94b76
    ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS, ProcessID: 0x83b94b76
    DLL_PROCESS_DETACH, ProcessID: 0x83b94b76
    <LF>
    DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH, ProcessID: 0x63ac1276
    ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS, ProcessID: 0x63ac1276
    <LF>
    DLL_PROCESS_DETACH, ProcessID: 0x63ac1276

Is this possible to prevent or do I need to live with it?
    When I start the exe on the device, without conmanclient2 started, it is ok.

bye

Hello
    I set a breakpoint right int the DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH switch case at the retail message.
    the output when program starts is follwing:

DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH
    MUTEX CREATION OK
    DLL_PROCESS_DETACH
    DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH
    ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS
    DLL_PROCESS_DETACH

after the breakpoint (program runs) this:
    DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH
    ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS

When closing the program:
    DLL_PROCESS_DETACH

Thanks for any help

Hi again

As attach there is a Word document where the difference between W32 and a device application is showed.
    As W32 on the PC it is working as expected but not as device Apllication.

Main difference is that the adress of the testdll.dll is in a strange area, a mouse tootip says that it is not the standard area.
    Don´t know if this matters, but red sign is never good. Also the adress of the Handle, returned by CreateMutex is in very different area.
    Could be that PC locates the stuff in other areas as device?

I do not know further please have a look. May be there is a solution for me.

bye

Files

Hello

I attached a C++ solution based sample where a executable just loads a implicit linked DLL, just to show my problem.
    The sample does export some small objects but just to get the DLL loaded when starting up the application, no snese behind.
    I let it run on a Netdcu8 as platform.

The Problem:
    If I create a new Mutex in the DLL it always returns that it is already existing(see error code in DLL)
    If I create a new Mutex in the Executable, it works as expected, it is created new. You can try in the code, just remove the remarkes in the exe.
    Do you see the same results?
    It doesn´t matter if I change the mutex name in the DLL or cold reboot the device, it is always doing the same behaviour, telling me that the mutex is already there or created.
    Does anybody have an idea how to come behind the that?
    Is it forbidden to create mutex in DLL? I thought always it should be same as in executable, may be it is not?

bye[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->TestMutexDllExe.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Hello

Has anyone experience with an OpenVpn Client running on a NetDcu8?
    Could this be done somehow?

It is usually compiled for Windows Mobile but may be one got it complied for a NetDcu8 and its SDK with some tricks.
    Any remarks are helpful.

bye

Has someone got experience how to correctly install the NETDCU8 or PICOCOM2 SDK´s under Windows 7 (64 bit ultimate OS)?
    I did the installation process as usual:
    First evc++, then evc++ sp4, then the Netdcu8 SDK.
    There were no special error messages only the evc++ SP4 did a rollback due to unknown reasons.
    When I start VS2008, I cannot select nor see the NETDCU8 device platform in the target device window.
    (I ran everything that was possible as administrator to prevent problems with this issue)

Other projects that are not SDK depenent work as usual.

thanks for any remarks/tips.

Hello

Habe a strange problem, I use a selfmade imagebutton in a Windows CE 6.0 device (picocom2) and it works there easily.
    When using the application in my Netdcu8 with Windows CE 5.0: it is not working, the image from the imagebutton is not shown, just the button itself with grey backcolour. The button function is working and there are no exceptions.
    Please give me a help if you know what it is.
    I need the Netdcu8 WinCe5.0 device, because my RAM memory is bigger there (need 64Mb instead 32Mb in picmod).

Attached is a sample for what I mean. I use a TX14D14VM1BBA (VGA 640x480) Display. Anything else with graphics works(background pics or such stuff).

bye
    and many thanks in advance

Files

Hello

I have a Display Problem Hitachi TX14 with Picocom2. Everything works, the CE Screen appears correctly, and I can use touch and navigate through Windows.
    But when I run or even just deploy a user application on the Picocom2, the Display 0;0 (means upper left corner) is shifted some 100 pixels to the right. Sometimes it are just a few 10 pixels what is shifted.
    What I mean is that the most right area (let´s say a scroll bar or what ever) is seen on the most left area then. Not only the user application but also the OS parts like taskbar and any desktop icons.

Any remarks welcome!

bye

No, unfortunately there is no rollback started in this case because there is nothing to rollback (because nothing is done in this case).
    In a previous post I already mentioned that I wished it would do that, at least pretent to do that.

bye

HI

Best approach and best idea up to now. Rollback is covered, great.
    Only the situation with files that are to be copied and not available isn´t covered, like in script:

I 'Test.exe'

when we haven´t such a file there is no user information. But I can live with that.

bye

Hello fs-support_ZU

My C++ is not that deeply good, but if I remember then I need to know class names and the names of the controls from which I want to suck out the textual information, but I do not know this. If I would be able to do this, then this could be an idea. Could you support me a bit?

bye

Hi

thanks for the approach. It is not bad and I would say, better than nothing ;)
    Disadvantage is that there is a alot of information in the terminal window and my end customers mostoften are no IT educated people, not able to read that really.
    (means telephone conference for me...)
    Second, what if there is s file not exisiting that is required in the update scriptfile let´s say i have this line in it:

I SmemDummy.exe \FFSDISK\Steuerung\SmemDummy.exe

and the file SmemDummy.exe is not on the usb stick(forgotten), then the real update window (mean on the LCD screen, that I do not have...) says that that no file where changed, no log file is created, user will wait forever.(bye the way, why is in this case no logfile created?)

but any way thanks for the idea.
    bye