Posts by MAISONBERNARD

We just receive PicoCOM4.2 (instead of PicoCOM4) boards and our technician performed there procedure for uploading eboot, kernel, application.

Our procedure was made for PicoCOM4 (2011) and we receive PicoCOM4.2 without WARNING message that indicates a board version change!!

So, as usual, the guys have uploaded the EBOOT_PC4_107.nb0 file

and now we are stucked because at startup + DCUTerm + S, we have a lot of errors displayed and we can no more upload another eboot file

Is it a way to recover the possibility to upload this time the last eboot_pc4_112.nb0 file

thanks for your answer

best regards

Bernard

Hello

with an older version we use NetDCULoader version 1.0.0.9 and we can upload kernel and eboot

I have downloaded the last version of NetDCULoader (NetDCU-USB-LoaderSetup_x86_V2.5.0.1.exe)

I will try with this last version of NetDCULoader

best regards

Bernard

Hello,

we just receive Picocom 4 board with Windows Compact installed

in the previous purchases, boards were delivered with Windows CE 6

When we try to upload eboot or kernel, NetDCULoader cannot connect to the board (led is still red)

Is there a new NetDCULoader who is able to upload eboot and kernel on Picocom 4 board with Windows Compact installed ?

thak you for your support

best regards

Bernard

Hi,
    4 years ago we have developped a mother card based on SKIT card with PicoCOM2
    Now, we change PicoCOM2 with PicoCOM4 and we have a boot problem with some PicoCOM4 cards
    When we switch on, our led (equivalent LED2 SKIT on POWER SUPPLY sheet) is blinking periodically (3 or 4 hz)
    The only way to resolve this problem is to remove R8 connected to the negatif RES signal from PicoCOM4 connector
    after this we cannot resset manually
    do you have some feedback or solution for this problem
    thank you for your support
    best regards
    Bernard

Hello,
    as said in the first message, we use the Starterkit to upload our program
    we use the kernel NKPC2_CORE_CF35_100504.bin, but it is the same with NKPC2_CORE_CF35_100806.bin
    we made further tests
    * first we try to upload our exe and when we try with another exe it is working fine
    * so we have found a specifics files (bmp images used in the interface) and when we try to upload only those files, ActiveSync is stopped
    * if we connect DCUTerm for debug, there is no message displayed when the upload is stopped

Is it possible that some characters could interrupt the transmission ?

For our purchase departement it is a nonconformity
    We purchased 10 PicoCOM2 (delivery date 20 sept 2010), we will test all boards with our exe
    After we will return all the boards with upload failure and we can send you the exe file for testing
    Best regards
    Bernard MAISON

Hello,
    we use the starter kit to setup our PicoCOM2 board
    today we have the same problem on 2 boards
    SN : 0005-5102-3E6E with WinCE : 00039-415-940-876
    SN : 0005-5102-3E6F with WinCE : 00039-415-940-877
    when we try to download our exe file from PC to FFSDISK with ActiveSync (4.5)
    the progress bar stops with no message and we have to disconnect and re connect the USB cable in order to recover connection.
    With other boards like SN : 0005-5102-3E3E with WinCE : 00039-415-940-871, it is working fine
    We made the same test with Windows Mobile on 7 with the same result
    We have 4 devices per month to build and it'is very urgent to solve this problem
    Is it a hard problem with those SN ?
    What do you think about ?
    Best regards
    Bernard MAISON

Hello,
    We have a start kit and we developp a software with a CAN interface
    I'm frequently facing the following problem when my program starts :
    * the bus CAN is sending (without stopping) the 0x000 code and no data.
    * I can verify this problem with a USB PCCanView spy
    * the only solution to stop this is to reboot the start kit
    * I suppose that when the CAN initialization failed, we have this problem, therefore
    I have initialized the maximum of CAN parameters in the registry
    * I tried to use the IOCTL_CAN_SET_COMMAND with CANBUS_CMD_ABORT_TRANSMISSION, but no success
    maybe I m wrong, do you have an example with this command ?
    Thank's for your support
    Best regards
    Bernard

Yesterday I have posted the followin question to Christian Zutter
    * In the CanCheck sample if I keep the filter.mask=0x3FF et the filter.code = 0x0000, I can only receive one ID (0x000), all other (0x001 to 0x3FF) are filtred.
    * I have tried a lot of combinaison with no real success.
    * could you explain what is wrong ?

Today I have the solution
    - in the registry I have added manually
    DWORD key "Align" with the value 1. Then you can set your filter.mask and filter.code with the bit 0 to 10 like standard format.
    DWORD key "MaskActive" with the value 0.
    - after this it work's fine
    All details in WINCE_CanInterface_eng.pdf
    Best regards