Posts by DennisB

Hallo,
    bei Windows CE ist bereits ein RAS / PPP Server enthalten. Er muss nur mit im Kernel integriert sein. Ich weiß gerade nicht, ob eines der bereits vorhandenen Kernel-images von F&S den Server bereitstellt - ansonsten muss halt entweder ein eigener Kernel mittels des PlatformBuilders (erhältlich von Microsoft; einfach mal nach Windows CE 5.0 im Download-Center suchen) und des BSP zur PicoMOD1 (erhältlich hier: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fs-net.de/download/bin/">http://www.fs-net.de/download/bin/</a><!-- m -->) gebaut werden. Die Konfiguration des Servers ist im MSDN auaführlich beschrieben.

Hello,
    we are building our own kernel image from the bsp. However, now we continued developing and testing our software (.net application) and got problems on debugging. It is startet in VS 2005 and running remotly via ActiveSync on the PicoMOD1. The application is running but breakoints are just ignored. In the lower right corner of the breakpoint mark in VS 2005 appears a small triangular with an exclamationmark saying: This breakpoint can't be reached because a module couldn't be loaded.
    (this is a free translation from the German message: Der Haltepunkt wird momentan nicht erreicht. Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht geladen.)
    At first I thought I made a mistake with the kernel, removed important packages or something but then I installed your newest kernel image and nothing changed. The same message appears again.
    This phenomenon occurs only with .net applications. Win32 applications can be debugged normally.
    Did you ever came across such a problem?
    Thanks fory any help.
    Greetings, DennisB

In the documentation you write on COM2 the DCD etc lines are available but on PicoMOD they aren't. Thus the documentation doesn't fit to the device, I think.
    However, I tried "None flow control" and it worked so far. Maybe one of the upper laying protocols manages the transmission. But what about the transmission rate? Has anybody experiences about losings?

Hello,
    I'm trying to establish a modem connection. From the documentation I know the serial ports of the picoMod aren't wired completly. Thus I'm trying to use software flow control.
    Anyway, I found this link, saying WinCE's Unimodem supports hardware flow control only.
    Even COM2 is not capable to do hardware flow control (ie. missing CD line).
    My question: How to establish a modem connection?
    Thank you for help,
    Greetings, DennisB

Hello!
    The PicoMOD1 is delivered with Win CE 5.0. By default Win CE 5.0 already has its own FTP-server but you deliver your own. Thus I got the question what servers and other modules can I expect to have installed (especially RAS-server)? Or is it possible to build my own Win CE with all the modules I need?

Regards,
    DennisB