Posts by Mike

Good day,

I have a question about the SD-card pins of the PicoMOD.

Are the on board microSD and the SD-Card pins on the J1 connector, connected in any way?

Or does the PicoMOD offer 2 SD-Card interfaces? One on-board and one to be wired to the connector?

Best regards

Good day,

i had to reinstall one of the 64bit packages, but now the build is working as intended.

The only problem now is that the root filesystem seems to exceed the maximum size, but I guess I should be able to tweak that to get a working system.

Thanks for the help

Good day,

EDIT: I most likely applied the patch wrong. I will test a build and delete this post if that is the case.

EDIT2: Ok I still have the same problem as discribed below.

Currently, I am running tests on QT, but I have problems building the qt5webengine package in buildroot_B2019.08, while running on the F&S Development VM.

I have added the toolchain fix referenced here: Build error of package QtWebEngine with new release fsimx6-B2019.08

On the first try for make I got the following error:

Your Buildroot configuration needs a compiler capable of building 32 bits binaries.

If you're running a Debian/Ubuntu distribution, install the gcc-multilib package.

For other distributions, refer to their documentation.

make[1]: *** [support/dependencies/dependencies.mk:27: dependencies] Error 1

make: *** [Makefile:84: _all]

I fixed this problem by installing the following packages: glibc-devel.i686 and libstdc++-devel.i686. Please tell me if these were a wrong options, since I am not quite sure those are correct for a PicoModA9.

After installing these packages the build can start like expected, but I get the following error when the build reaches qt5webengine:

I would be glad, if you could show me in the right direction to fix this problem.

Best regards

Thank, I appreciate the help.

But are you sure the new reference card is the correct one? I am having a hard time seeing any differences to the old reference card.

For example Pin 29 is still GPIO1_IO05 and /sys/class/gpio/gpio5.

Or am I checking the wrong file? It should be under Documents --> PicoMODA9 - Linux yes?

best regards

Hello,

thanks for the reply on the pullUps, I'll try that as soon is I am able to.

As for the Pin29 (J1): No I tried GPIO 5 in Linux, in accordance with the Reference Card in the download directory for the PicoModA9.

I am gonna try pin 49 ASAP.

Best regards

Good day,

after some tests with the GPIOs I have also noticed that trying to export GPIO5 (Pin29 J1 connector) fails.

For reference I also tried to export GPIO1, 0 and 2, which all work.

The hardware documentation does not indictate that GPIO5 would be used for any other kind of hardware.

The kernel that I used is the new fsimx6-B2019.08.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Might the GPIO be set for another hardware device in the device tree? (No changes where made, but configuring the display as LCD)

best regards

Good day,

I have got a problem building the kernel with the new buildroot release for fsimx6.

I am trying to add the midori webbrowser for tests, which leads to the inclusion of the WebkitGTK2.24.3 package.

The problem is that it always fails at the step below.

Code
    1. >>> webkitgtk 2.24.3 Patching
    2. Applying 0001-Build-failure-after-r243644-in-GTK-Li.patch using patch:
    3. patching file Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/gstreamer/MediaPlayerPrivateGStreamerBase.cpp
    4. Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
    5. 1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/gstreamer/MediaPlayerPrivateGStreamerBase.cpp.rej
    6. package/pkg-generic.mk:202: recipe for target '/home/developer/fsimx6-B2019.08/build/buildroot-2019.05.1-fsimx6-B2019.08/output/build/webkitgtk-2.24.3/.stamp_patched' failed
    7. make[1]: *** [/home/developer/fsimx6-B2019.08/build/buildroot-2019.05.1-fsimx6-B2019.08/output/build/webkitgtk-2.24.3/.stamp_patched] Error 1
    8. Makefile:84: recipe for target '_all' failed
    9. make: *** [_all] Error 2

Any ideas how to fix this problem? With the old buildroot release midori and its dependend packages worked.

best regards

Good day,

I am currently trying to add internal pullups to some of my GPIOs on the PicoMODA9.

As far as I have gathered, the device tree seems the way to go.

But how would I, for example set a pullup on GPIO1 (J1 connector, pin 41)?

I did find a device tree example for the raspberryPI and internal pullups, but I am not putting much trust in an example for another board, when I have little understanding for how to work with the device tree itself.

On that note are there some documents that further explain working with the device tree itself?

best regards

Good day,

I recently started working with your linux distributions on a PicoMODA9 and have some questions:

As far as I understand, Buildroot as well as Yocto use DeviceTrees to further configure the system.

Where would I find the adjustable DeviceTrees for a Yocto-distribution? I have set up the yocto-files from the download area in accordance with the First Steps docu, but I seem to be unable to find any .dts files in the Yocto directory.

Should one use the deviceTree files from the buildroot directories shipped with the F&S VirtualBox image, or am I just mistaken in the usage of deviceTrees in Yocto?

Best regards

Thats good to know.

Since we are currently using the PicoMod7A, I'd like to ask if the StarterKit board for PM7A is compatible with a newer PMA9 or if I'd need to get a newer board for any tests?

Best regards

Good day,

would the PicoModA9 be able to support dotNet Core? Or would this need some work from the side of F&S?

I am asking since we are currently discussing about switching to Linux as operationg system, in the next project.

Best regards

As I have written above:

the PicoMOD seems unable to access the USB and the SD-Card

So currently I am not able to use either of the devices. Are there any other possibilities?

I know that PicoMod7A is not recommended for new developments, I would only like to test some features before we start a development procedure.

Like integration of DotNet Core for example.

Best regards

Good day,

Currently, I am trying to replace the WinCE Kernel on one of our PicoMods with the Linux Kernel.

I am following the First-Steps guide found in the download directory.

After some trial and error i managed to replace the uboot, by using the serial download via DCU-Term.

This was needed since the PicoMod seems to be unable to find the SD-card. "Can't access SD-card in FAT mode" is the only reply I am able to receive.

The used SD-card is working if the device is running with the WinCE Kernel, even though I am not sure if its working during the boot procedures, since I didn't need to do these steps up until now.

My current problem is that the PicoMOD seems unable to access the USB and the SD-Card, now that it should install the Kernel.

This is the reply after system start with uboot:

I would appreciate any help you are able to provide me.

Best regards

Hello,

I got it to work by following the advice in the link below:
    http://hehuvision.blogspot.co.…8-debugger-is-broken.html

It seems that the already installed VS2015 collided with VS2008 in some way which got the Debugger .dll to act whacky.

The fix for my problem was to register the debugger .dll manually by using the following CMDs:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\msdbg2.dll"
    And for x64 Systems:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\msdbg2.dll"

It seems like the fix posted in your link repairs the problem by removing and reinstalling the dll. Where the reinstall seems to force a registration Debugger.

Anyways thanks for your help in solving this problem.

Best regards

The error message is as follows:

Das Programm XXX kann nicht gestartet werden
    Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten der meist auf eine Fehlerhafte Installation hinweist. Error code 0x80004002

As far as I researched, this seems to be an error with the remote debugging tool of VS.
    Most people could fix it by installing the "Windows Remote debugging tool".
    I tried that, but it didn't lead to positive results.

To me it seems like a similiar problem as in this thread:
    SDK für WEC7

I do think to remember that I installted the file mentioned in the thread on my old PC, but it also didn't help.

After reading the thread you posted, I went and compared the debugging options, under Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories, between my new and old PC, but couldn't really find any differences.

Do you have any ideas i might be able to try?
    I'm more or less grapsing for straws over here.

Thanks and best regards

Hello,

I've got a problem with debugging my PicoMOD7A and NetDCU8 devices with VS2008 at my new PC.

At my old PC it worked just fine, but I remember that the installation of the SDK can be a little bit tricky.
    For the new PC I installed
    VS08pro + SP1
    Ndcu8 SDK
    PicoMOD_WCE6 SDK

in that order.

The problem is, that every time I try to debug any Software(new and old; PM7A and NDCU8), I get an error that the debug failed and a repair of VS2008 is needed.
    Start of the software without debugging works, as well as all the Remote tools.

Is there anything in the installation I might have missed?
    Thanks in andvance

Best regards

Now tested some Outputs of Port4 with Kernel V1.11:

I now set the whole Port as Output and am switching the Port between High and Low.
    The following Currently only got Pin 63 and 66 to work as expected.
    Measurements on the following pins results in 0V: 61, 64, 67 and 70.

I did the tests on another PicoMod too, with the same results.

Further measurements und Port5 Pin 72, 74, 76, 78 work as expected.