Posts by fs-support_MK

Applications that are availabe in startup folder will be startet by explorer.exe. Therefore one solution might be disabling explorer and delete the application after reboot.
    But a more simple solution might be using shell to kill your application and delete it immediatly.

Code
    1. shell -c

The "gi proc" command will list all proccesses running.

Code
    1. :> gi proc

To a kill a specific process call

Code
    1. :> kp <PID>

Some details about shell can also be found at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://developce.blogspot.de/2009/06/target-control-from-ide.html">http://developce.blogspot.de/2009/06/ta ... m-ide.html</a><!-- m --> or with the embedded help command.

I have verfied the touch driver with default registry settings and kernel XIPNKPC4_CORE_CF35_120628.bin, but could not reproduce the mentioned behaviour. Above there is my current debug output.

Unfortunatly it is not possible to use the touch if all debug messages are enabled as there is too much debug output. But when debug output is disabled again, it is no problem to calibrate and use the touch screen. I have tested this with one of our SKIT displays (ET035080DH6).

So are there any additional modifications in registry in your case?
    Can you verify your HW equipment again? Are you using on our display/touch adapters?
    Do you have another touch display like the one I haved tested with to verify that at least the PicoCOM module or our starterkit is not faulty?
    Or are you already using a custom baseboard?

Could you please verify the debug output for a message from the touch driver? There should be something similar to this one here:

TCHPDD: Version 1.3, Key = HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
    TCHKEY: Version 1.0, Key = HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH\VirtualKeys

Please post your complete debug trace here.

Additionally please try to enable some debug output in touch driver.

Code
    1. reg open \hardare\devicemap\touch
    2. reg set val debug dword 0xffff
    3. reg save

The default touch driver name is touch.dll. As the PicoCOM4 driver dll is called touch.dll there is no special registry setting required.

Is the touch running at all? What happens if you run "touch calibrate" in ncdcucfg. Are the touches recognized correctly?

If you have ordered a PicoCOM or PicoMOD starterkit a small sheel should have been included in the starterkit with the required credentials.
    But the tools directory should also be available without user credentials.

Does the debug trace above include executing of your programm?
    Doe you call IOCTL_NSPI_SET_METHOD within your application? Maybe
    Maybe you can write a small test-application that simply writes some bytes to make sure that the mode really is correct.

Maybe you also can verify again that CAN really is deactivated. I don't see the CAN driver in your trace above, but this also could be the reason that the mode has been changed.

I have currenlty tested this again, but SPI transfer looks good to me (see attachment).

Could you please make sure that Mode3 is set correctly in registry? Please try to enable debug output and post the debug trace here:

Code
    1. reg open \drivers\builtin\spi1
    2. reg set val debug dword 0xffff
    3. reg save
    4. reboot

For verification here is my debug trace:

I have currently tested it again and I think the drivers version 2.5 is incompatible to the latest kernel release (some CEDDK functionality I suppose). Anyway I have sent you the latest drivers version (3.2) and all required scripts via E-Mail. This will work for sure.

Regarding the Input-marking in the documentation: This is faulty in the documentation. Only the other SPI pins have some restrictions on Input/Output capabilities. We have also updated the device driver documentation.

Sorry for this inconveniences!

There are mainly three parameters that influence response time of the touch panel. But please note that faster response time in most cases reduce touch accurateness.

• TouchSamples: Number of samples taken to detect one point. Default value is 7. Lower value will speed up measurement.
    • SamplePeriodLowHns: SamplePeriod in hundrend nano seconds (Hns). Default sample rate is 200000 (20ms).
    • SamplePeriodHighHns: SamplePeriod in hundrend nano seconds (Hns). Default sample rate is 100000 (10ms).

You can switch between high and low sample period by calling TouchPanelSetMode function.

Sorry I am not sure what information exactly you are searching for. The PicoCOM4 SDK holds all header files, libraries and compiler settings to be able to compile programms for PicoCOM4. It is mandatorily required for application development on PicoCOM4.

Please see this thread for details about this problem: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893</a><!-- l -->
    Maybe one additional hint: We are offering a workshop that helps you to understand the basic setup of our modules. Maybe this might be interesting for you?
    See Workshop details on our website.

You need a serial debug interface to enter EBoot menu. Please take a look at the First Steps documentation.

If ActiveSync has been working before and you didn't change the HW setup I may not believe that it is a missing driver. ActiveSync is integrated into Windows CE kernel and you Windows Host system. You will not need any special driver.

Please also take a look at the debug output during boot. When plugging in/out the USB cabe a cable detection message should be noticeable.