Posts by fs-support_MK

The First Steps documentation should cover basics regarding EBoot menu and deploying firmware (and also how to erase registry).
    Just to clearify this: In your first post you told Active Sync has already been working for your. If this really is the case I would highly recommend to erase the registry to verify that this problem is not caused by the mentioned CEDB bug.

Which kernel have you installed?

Active Sync (called smart device center on Windows 7) already comes with all requried components.
    Please try to erase the registry the complete as described in the referenced thread. You can erase the registry with EBoot-command "R".

could you please verify if this problem is caused by the CEDB bug in Windows CE?
    See <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893</a><!-- l --> for details.
    Does erasing the regsitry help to resolve this situation?

1) Why isn't there a kernel with CF3.5 and RTC? I have to go back to CF2.0 for RTC which disables some functionality from CF3.5.

I think the intention was to keep the kernel image small as CF3.5 compared to CF2.0 requires a little more kernel disk space. If you are interesed in a kernel image that features CF3.5 and RTC(VOIP) we offer the possiblity to create a custom kernel image for you. Please contact our sales department for more information (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sales@fs-net.de">sales@fs-net.de</a><!-- e -->).

2) The latest kernel in CF2.0 RTC is not loadable because he is > 16MB. So i have to use the 2nd last kernel and some IO is not doing.
    I think it is possible to repartitioning to get more space but i dont wanna do this with every board and it is critical.

Could you specify in more detail what exactly is the probelm with IOs in the last kernel image? There is no known issue regarding IOs on PicoCOM1 on the last kernel image.
    To repartition the flash automatotacilly it is possible using a PSD file that includes custom bootloader settings with USBLoader. If you are interested in this solution we could offer you detailed information how to arrange this.

We need to verify this in more detail. Maybe there really is something wrong with the latest kernel image.

Could you please explain in more detail what did not work?
    Is there any output on serial debug line?
    Please verify your debug serial line and make sure that your HW setup is correct.
    If there is no output at all and you are not able to enter Nboot anymore (small 's' during bootup) your board may be broken.

BTW: Stepstone and NBoot are basically the same. On our latest boards the low-level bootlaoder is called NBoot.

You need to specify in the display settings that the display driver should use this pin. Then it should be possible to adjust this pin with contrast commands.
    E.g:

Code
    1. contrast get
    2. contrast set 0
    3. contrast set 0xfff

What display are you using and what are your current display settings?

BTW: By default this PWM signal is grinded by a small capacitor on the baseboard.

Hi,

I have currently tested it but could not detect any problem. USBloade is opened with auto-button on and given nbi file already is selected.

Code
    1. C:\Program Files (x86)\F&S\NetDCU-USB-Loader>NetDCU-USB-Loader.exe -auto c:\temp\test.nbi

Will USBLoader get started generally, also when calling with no parameter?
    Please verify the given filename. Maybe you need to use some embraces (").

Quote from "dhovden"

create an empty DLL Project and add the "ISAPI" - file(s) to your project!

I think it was meant to copy the soruce files (*.cpp, *.h, ...) of the NetDCU9 project to a newly created project.

Main problem is that the sample mentioned above was primarily build for NetDCU9. It's a little tricky to add support for another platform (SDK) later. Therefore it often is faster to simply create a new project for your platform and copy the sources to this project. Of course you then need to included these exsiting files into your project.

Ragarding your display issue:
    You need to connect 3.3V to the VCFL Pin of the starterkit. It might be possible that this is not pointed out in the first steps documentation. Therefore please refer to documentation of EDT display adapter at: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fs-net.de/download/docu/netdcu/english/NetDCU_ADP-EDT1_eng.pdf">http://www.fs-net.de/download/docu/netd ... T1_eng.pdf</a><!-- m --> .

Do I need ActiveSync working to be able to work effectively from VS2008?

Not necessarily. But it is the easiest way to develop and debug applications.

When using VS2008 Prof, do I still need to install the SDK?

Yes.

1) Why can't I see the PicoCom3 in the Explorer anymore? There are no disabled/unknown devices in Device Manager
    Is the Windows Mobile stuff used for this? Because RapiMgr and WcesComm are having problems on my PC, all of a sudden. Please tell me I don't need this to work with the PicoCom because of all the bad stuff Microsoft has produced over the years, that may well be the worst.

Did you post the complete debug output above? There is missing the USB device driver entry.
    Please try to reset regstry with bootloader command "R".

2) Why doesn't the display work? It is and EDT ET070080 and as you can see above, I have created a mode 100 according to your documentation although it seems to be necessary since the default mode is also ET070080.
    I'm pretty sure I've got the connections right, please see pictures at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.penguinprograms.nl/picocom/">http://www.penguinprograms.nl/picocom/</a><!-- m -->

You are right. You don't need to create a new mode. By default the PicoCOM is configured for ET080080 (@ default mode 0). Please have a look at the Device driver documentation for more details.
    Our HW-department will verify the pictures you posted above and answer this thread in short term.

3) How can I download files to the PicoCom?

You could either use ActiveSync or FTP to transfer failes onto the board. Maybe the FSDeviceSpy Uitlity is helpful for you. You will find it in the tools section in our download area: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://download.fs-net.de">http://download.fs-net.de</a><!-- m --> .

I am not sure if the "reg erase" command will work in PicoCOM4.
    The "proper" way to erase the regsitry is using the "R" command within bootloader. This will reset the registry to its default settings. Your application and all data available in FFSDISK will not be erased.

Does ActiveSync already work with the currently installed kernel version?
    There also was an issue in kernel V1.5 (Released 2011-12-14), where USB device interface was configured for mass storage instead of serial class (ActiveSync).