Posts by RSchubert

I guess this can be solved by the USB power management. Even if I shutdown armstone by using the "halt" command the USB devices will keep powered on.
    I also played around with the

Code
    1. /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/usb1/power

directory but was not able to suspend USB power.
    I also had a look into the device tree:

Is there any possibility to get control over USB power?

Dear support-team,

I'm using a special USB device that is providing an interface to a field bus system. The device driver is creating a virtual network interface. In my software I connect to this virtual network and can read/write the field bus. This is working well as long as I do not reboot the armstone (warm boot e.g. by calling reboot in console). After reboot this USB device is not available anymore and cannot be seen when calling lsusb. When I power off/on the armstone everything is working well again. I'm also using other USB devices (e.g. capacitive USB Touch). These other devices are working after warm boot. On other platforms/kernel versions the field bus USB device was working after warm boot also.

Any idea?
    Thanks.

Yes, that's clear now. I tried both pins (RTC/CTS) anyway.
    When I check the RTS line with an OSCI I can see the level going from 0V to 3.3V and going back to 0V after sending the data.
    This RTS is connected to the SN65HVD10 RE/DE pins. That seems to be working so far.

But it's not possible for me to read or write data to a Modbus RTU Relais module with this configuration.
    When I wire the RE/DE pins to 3.3V directly I can write data without problems and switch some relais. But of course it's not possible to read back data with RE/DE on high level.

The problem seems to be when the RTS line will be set to 0V. Then the RS485 receiver will discard the sent data (RED error led).
    Maybe the problem is caused by levels of RX/TX lines before setting RE/DE to low for reading?
    Maybe the problem is a timing issue because

Code
    1. rs485conf.delay_rts_before_send = 64;
    2. rs485conf.delay_rts_after_send = 64;

values seem not to be used inside the imx6 driver.

I tried many things beginning from driving the RE/DE with an GPIO instead of RTS to using different new versions of /drivers/tty/serial/imx.c from the NXP/Freescale imx6 kernel branches. All without success.

Can anyone confirm this or has anyone RS485 working in both directions?

Thanks for any hint.

WLAN is working now so far in my configuration (I can scan existing networks). I guess the reason was missing /lib/firmware directory but I'm not sure.

That would be nice to have this working because it's one of the last things to complete our hardware around the armstone. I also had a look at some imx6 forums and found some (maybe old) issues but it was impossible for me to get them into the kernel for now.

Thanks

Thanks for your answer. If it's working in the standard configuration I guess it's my matter. I'm using my own kernel and buildroot configuration (base on your standard). I have to look through handling firmware and modules because that's missing in my rootfs. I will tell you later if I solved this issue.

Dear Support-Team,

how do I enable wlan (the onboard wlan device) on armstonea9r2dl ?

What I tried yet:
    loading kernel modules mwifiex.ko and mwifiex_sdio.ko (I don't know if this are the right ones).
    WLAN seems to be enabled in devicetree.
    wlan0 is define in /etc/network/interfaces.

I expected to have a wlan0 interface when I check ifconfig.

Thanks for hints.

As I see on efus Starterboard a RS485 driver circuit is assembled on UART C. Has anyone used this successfully?

Dear Support Team,

has anyone succesfully used an UART as RS485 port? I tried with UART B (/dev/ttymxc1) and a SN65HVD10 driver circuit. I'm able to send data but I'm not able to receive data. RS485 support in general is included in kernel /drivers/tty/serial/imx.c.
    (armstonea9r2dl with software release 3.0)

CTS is wired to circuits RE/DE pins. This seems to work OK. Maybe the problem may come from levels of RX/TX lines before setting RE/DE to low for reading?

Here some pieces of code from my application:

I also tried to find some newer versions of /drivers/tty/serial/imx.c but without success (at least while compiling the kernel).

Anyone any idea?
    Thanks.

Dear Support-Team,

thanks for your answer. That was much information. I need a little summary to look through.

Is it possible to use the OV5647 with your changes on kernel and device tree?
    If not, is it better to use an OV5640 based camera with your changes on kernel and device tree?
    Please send me the changes that have to be made.

Thanks again.

Have a nice weekend.

Dear Support-Team,

we have a 5MP CSI camera on the armstonea9r2 board.
    The #define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_SERIAL_CAMERA is enabled.

The camara hardware is an OmniVision OV5647.
    I have enabled kernel drivers:
    Device Drivers/Multimedia support/Cameras video grabbers support
    Device Drivers/Multimedia support/V4L platform devices (all default settings)
    Device Drivers/Multimedia support/V4L platform devices/mxc mipi csi driver/Omnivision OV5647 camera support using mipi

On the device I can see a /dev/video0 /dev/video16 and /dev/viedo17 device.

When I try to capture an image:

Code
    1. v4l2grab -o cam.jpg -d /dev/video0
    2. Cannot open '/dev/video0': 11, Resource temporarly unavailable.

When using /dev/viedo16 or 17 I get: dev/video16 is no capture device

Any idea ?
    Thanks.

Dear Support-Team,

is there a fast way to set the GPIOs on armstonea9r2 with V3.0?
    Using the /sys/class/gpio filesystem is not usable for "fast" IO changes. Is there the possibility to have direct access through a memory map or a GPIO library ?

Thanks for your answers.

Dear Support-Team,

I'm (also) not successful in using the gpio on armstonea9r2dl with V3.0.
    What I did:

Code
    1. echo 64 > /sys/class/gpio/export
    2. echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio64/direction

Then I read the voltage on pin 3 of the feature connector against GND with a scope and toggle the value.

Code
    1. echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio64/value
    2. echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio64/value

The pin is always high no matter if I write 0 or 1.
    This pin has a special usage for a keypad but there's no keypad connected.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks for any hints.