Posts by RSchubert

when running

Code
    1. run bootnfs

in U-Boot it's working with the default IP addresses (10.0.0.x). When I change all the IPs to my address range (192.168.0.xxx) I cannot set the env because the command seems to exceed 256 bytes and fails with

Code
    1. Expanded command too long!

What else can I do than using shorter IP addresses ?

Thanks for help.

there's some strange behaviour when compiling the kernel:

Code
    1. export ARCH=arm
    2. make fss5pv210_defconfig

When I now run the following script the compiling progress starts directly.

Code
    1. export PATH=$PATH:/home/home/Dev/picomod7a/toolchain/bin
    2. export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-fs-linux-gnueabi-
    3. export ARCH=arm
    4. make

After I try to change the configuration (for now only the display resolution from 800x480 to 1024x768) with "make menuconfig" and then run the makekernel script it seems the kernel config is lost or faulty because make is "Restarting config...". I'm beeing asked for all configuration parameters on the command line (about 100 questions).

and so on...

When I answer all question with the default value by pressing return the compiling process is breaking with errors.

configuration: PicoMOD7A, software package: multiplatform-linux-f+s-V2.0

Thanks for help.

On my device there are 6 partitions. I have an additional NBoot partition 0. So the Kernel is /dev/mtd4 but there's no mtd4 device in the /dev directory. I have created a device:

Code
    1. mknod /dev/mtd4 c 90 8
    2. mknod mtdblock4 b 31 4

Now I can read the Kernel:

Code
    1. cp /dev/mtd4 /root/Kernel.dat

but writing is not possible (even after chmod 664 /dev/mtd4)

Code
    1. flash_eraseall: can't open '/dev/mtd4': Permission denied

In my UBootEnv the mtdparts and bootargs are without the 'ro' flag after the Kernel definition.

I have the flash_eraseall and nandwrite commands running. On /dev/mtd3 I have no write access (I removed the "ro" flag behind the Kernel definition).

When looking to the mtdparts again I see NBoot 128k,UBoot 512k,UBootEnv 128k,UserDef 512k,Kernel 4M,TargetFS.

Is it correct that the Kernel must be /dev/mtd4 instead of /dev/mtd3? If yes how do I create the mtd4 and mtdblock4 devices?

Kind regards...

520000 would be the best rate. The cause is that I'm using a slow CPU on the other end of the serial connection that runs with only 40 MHz. On this slow CPU the clock divisor is verly low (2 or 3) on this high baud rate - so I'ts not possible to fit any standard value. Even at 115200 baud rate the clock error is about 3%.

Hi,

in my software I'm checking for USB Memory or SD Card by opening /dev/sda1 or /dev/mmcblk0p1. If one of these files exists I'm mounting by

Code
    1. mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/usb
    2. mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/sd

Now I can read/write the media/usb or /media/sd directory. If the user wants to remove the devices he will tell my software an I'm unmounting by

Code
    1. umount /media/usb
    2. umount /media/sd

Now the USB or SD Card can be removed. When I'm trying to re-enter the USB or SD Card they are mapped to another device (/dev/sda2 and /dev/mmcblk1p1) later (/dev/sda3 and /dev/mmcblk2p1). So it's hard for me to find out if an USB Memory or SD Card was plugged in. How is it possible to use /dev/sda1 and /dev/mmcblk0p1 every time?

Tanks and kind regards
    RSchubert

Hi,

is there any declaration of the RTC accuracy? I have the RTC running on picomod7 and it's running too fast. The clock shows about 7 minutes more (15:17 instead of 15:10) after about 4 weeks. Can you confirm this? How can we correct this?

Thanks and kind regards
    RSchubert

I created a device:

Code
    1. mknod /dev/spidev c 153 0

Then I use the open/read/write functions to deal with "/dev/spidev".

The

Code
    1. ioctl(fd, SPI_IOC_RD_MAX_SPEED_HZ, &speed)

function is returning plausible values (8.25 MHz).

The read command is blocking eternaly (I have to power off the device) even if the O_NONBLOCK flag is set in the open function.
    Is it possible to use SPI as a slave ?

Any ideas ?

Hello,

is there an example how to use the SPI interface? In the documentation I found:

5.10 SPI
    On J10 (PicoMOD7-SKIT) you find MISO,MOSI,SPCK and PCS0 SPI lines. A simple demo application
    can be found in the download section of PicoMOD7.

But there's no example in the download area. Maybe in PicoMOD6 downloads there's such an example but I cannot access this area.

Thanks in advance.

I have these lines in bootlog:

Code
    1. ALSA device list:
    2. #0: pm7-tlv320 (tlv320aic23)

but no /dev/snd directory.

Here I send my #ls -lah output: