Posts by stoupa

However if the watchdog is active, then it can not be switched off again.

From highlevel point of view the hardware enforces 'nowayout'. I guess that it is a limitation (?) of i.MX6 SoC. The watchdog might have implement safe stop mechanism (e.g. unlock sequence or password protected write to its registers).

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. It helped me to confirm the behaviour.

I'd like to enable runtime watchdog on efusA9 with custom built Linux using Yocto. But when the watchdog is enabled (with nowayout disabled), as confirmed by this kernel and systemd output:

Code
    1. imx2-wdt 20bc000.wdog: timeout 60 sec (nowayout=0)
    2. [...]
    3. systemd[1]: Hardware watchdog 'imx2+ watchdog', version 0
    4. systemd[1]: Set hardware watchdog to 30s.

the shutdown stops to work. The board is restarted after 128 seconds. Kernel informs about it at the end of shutdown (issued using poweroff)

Code
    1. imx2-wdt 20bc000.wdog: Device shutdown: Expect reboot!
    2. [...]
    3. reboot: Restarting system
    4. [wait 128 seconds]
    5. [standard boot follows]

I'm testing on two systems with following versions:
    Linux 4.1.15+f+s-v3.1, systemd 234
    Linux 4.9.88-F+S, systemd 241

Relevant watchdog settings in the kernel:

Code
    1. CONFIG_IMX2_WDT=y
    2. # CONFIG_WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT is not set

Is there anything missing or wrongly configured? Thank you.

Hi,

thanks, that was it. I'm able to record the sound using my microphone. The recording is very silent and there is noise, but it is most probably caused by my microphone (it some microphone from other board and requires some electronics around).

I also tested recording with standard Logitech headset with "stereo" 3.5 mm jack but it doesn't work. I don't care there because I won't it use that way.

Thanks for the support and best regards,

Tomas

Hi all,

I'm testing audio input and output on efus A9 starterkit. I upgraded the board to the latest image (V2.1) and output works (well, only the left speaker but it will be mono anyway). But I'm not able to record any usable sound.

I'm using arecord for recording:

Code
    1. arecord -f cd -d 3 recording.wav

and aplay for playback:

Code
    1. aplay recording*

I was trying tu use different audio settings via 'alsamixer' (mic level, input source, (un)mute sources, ...) but without effect. I think that connection is somehow correct because when input is set to LINE_IN there is nothing (i.e. clear silence). With MIC_IN input there is at least some small noise and touching the jack (on the male-male audio cable) makes noise.

I already tried:
    - two different headsets (both work on my dekstop PC)
    - playback recording from efus on my desktop PC
    - upgrade to the latest image - it helped with playback and error when switching input via alsamixer from MIC_IN to LINE_IN is gone

I probably miss something so could you please help me? Maybe my mixer setting is just wrong, so output of 'alsactl store' on your board will help me.

Thanks a lot,

Tomas Novotny