Posts by cmc-imx6sx-1

But unfortunately, this support is not yet done. We will do a next release for SoloX in a few weeks, then based on Kernel 4.1.15.

I believe the SoloX version will not be out before end of September.

So basically a few means more than 8.

With final/target hardware I mean our own design featuring an MX6 SoloX processor.
    The NXP and Efus boards were purchased so the software department can already start application development, especially the interprocessor communication part (which they currently only can with the NXP boards).

on a side note: can you put a concrete date on your upcoming release with FreeRTOS/NBoot/M4 support?
    Or is it more on a "when its stable and ready we'll release it" schedule?

We are currently using 2x NXP MX6SX Sabre-SD and 2x Efus A9X development boards so that application development and testing can already start (since we have a deadline) until our final/target hardware with an MX6SX processor arrives (somewhere in September).
    One of the first things to tackle is the inter-processor communication, which is already working on the NXP hardware with their software packages based on the 4.1.15 kernel.
    It would make things easier if all our development boards are running on the same kernel version.

Hello,

I had already fixed my u-boot hang by reading on the NXP community forum that the TCML area is only accessible by the A9 after the M4 clock has been reset in the CCM_CCGR3. I was testing this when you replied. Nonetheless I have also added your patch to my u-boot version.

Furtermore I am also working with FreeRTOS images on the M4 core and the RPMsg pingpong/TTY tests are also present in the 3.14.52 kernel.

So far, I can tftp the image and boot the M4 core from u-boot. I assume it boots since I have no debug console or output.
    Next to this I can boot Linux on the A9 and insmod the imx_rpmsg_* kernel modules.

So far I have only tested the pingpong test which does not really seem to be working. So that is my next objective now.

Since I got no response, I have ported the 'm4boot' code from the NXP u-boot to your u-boot-2014.07-fsimx6sx-V1.0 version that I downloaded from your site.

But now u-boot hangs whenever I try to write an image to the M4_BOOTROM_BASE_ADDR (0x007F8000).
    The same thing happens when I follow the instructions in the NXP Linux Reference manual when I try to tftp the image directly to that address.

Hello,

I am unable to send/update U-boot via serial console. The file does not transfer to the board and seems to time-out on the ACK packet.
    Besides xmodem I have also tried transferring by using the normal and robust file transfer of kermit itself but that does not work either.

I use the following kermit config

This gives the following output:

Hello,

I have a A9X-V4-LIN starter kit and I am looking to boot the M4 core in combination with the A9.

On the Freescale forums I read about the `m4boot` and `m4fastup` commands in u-boot. These seem all to be missing.
    Furthermore I also do not find a device tree file similar to `imx6sx-sdb-m4.dts` for the kernel.

So, how can I start the M4 core on your board?