Posts by HWeber

I have two questions about the GPIOs of the efusA9.

1) Can I use the GPIOs for LCD_Bx (GPIO5_IO06 - GPIO05_IO11) as soon as I disable the displays in the efusa9dl.dts file? Or is there something other I have to change?

Code
    1. #define CONFIG_EFUSA9_MXCFB0 DISPLAY_NONE
    2. #define CONFIG_EFUSA9_MXCFB1 DISPLAY_NONE

2) Are the GPIOs usable in C wihtout using the /proc files? We don't need to toggle them really fast but I don't know how much overhead the proc files will add.

Thanks!

I try to decode a video stream from a HW-encoder with the following pipelin:
    gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc do-timestamp=false port=17002 ! video/mpegts ! aiurdemux ! vpudec frame-plus=0 ! imxg2dvideosink framebuffer=/dev/fb0 sync=false

I use a efusA9 devkit to show the video on the touch screen. To get the best performance I also changed the scaling_governor to performance.

Streaming 720p25 results in:
    CPU: 19%
    BUS-load: 44%
    Video: fine, smooth

Streaming 1080p25 results in:
    CPU: 57%
    BUS-load: 90%
    Video: data drops, chopping, artefacts etc.

The aim is to run two FullHD streams on two display, but at the moment it isn't possible to show one. I already heard, that there are performance problems with gstreamer-1.0.
    Are there any plans to improve this? Or are there any other ideas?

I use a efusA9 devkit for some tests. I wanted to switch from the LCD to a display connected over the HDMI.
    Therefore I changed the efusa9dl.dts file:

Code
    1. //#define CONFIG_EFUSA9_MXCFB0 DISPLAY_LCD
    2. #define CONFIG_EFUSA9_MXCFB0 DISPLAY_HDMI

After flashing the new dtb file I can use fbsplash to show a logo on the HDMI display.
    But if I try to run a qt example application e.g. openglwindow I get the following error:

Code
    1. EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3003

Do I have to change anything else to get it working?

I want to create a Qt QML GUI with different buttons and a video window. The video is decoded with gstreamer and vpudec.
    Is it possible to run the QML GUI and decode the video directly from e.g. gst-launch on the same display?

Can the GUI and the video be send to different "layers" which have different transparenties?

The other idea was to use the qt-gstreamer package, but I guess, that the cpu load would be much higher.

For a test project we need two USB 2.0 interfaces. The usage of a USB hub with one USB 2.0 is not possible, because the bandwidth would be too low. There are two USB interfaces on the efusA9 connector, but one is a device port. Is it possible to change the behavior of this port to a host port?