Posts by S.Zimmermann

Hello,

I've made some Software development with PicoCOM4 and WCE7. There was an Explorer and something more to hande files and shortcuts etc.
    Now in Windows embedded compact 2013 there is only a command prompt and some System Settings. I have a Network Connection and can use the FTP Server.
    But this is not very comfortable. The questions are :

- Is there any file explorer
    - How can I use Autostart? There is no Folder at \FFSDISK. The registry Settings also seems not to work (Launch120=...).
    - How can I start Conmanclient3 automatically after booting
    - How can I start my application at \FFSDISK\Program Files\xxx\xxx.exe ?
    - How can I create permanent shortcuts at the Desktop?

S.Zimmermann

Hallo,
    is there a simple way to send a message (like 'net send' on earlier desktop pc) or a mail (is there any mail client for PicoCOM4) over Ethernet to a connected Desktop PC?
    Will there be Windows 7 compact for PicoCOM4 and when?
    S.Zimmermann

Hello,
    I try to get some sound but it doesnt work. PlaySound(...) runs, but there is no sound. With the Starterkit and a new PicoCOM4 with standard settings I press the play button within the windows sound dialog (for testing the different sounds as 'asterix') and there is no sound. Are there some registry settings. The device driver manual show's the registry settings, but it sems to be right. Are there any settings to configure the pins?
    best regards S.Zimmermann

The kernel image update proccess stops after transfering the file from NetdcuUSB loader. I use an PicoCOM4 with original settings and try to update NKPC4_CORE_CF35_110114.bin.
    The OS-Image partition is 20 MB. Also 22 MB dosn't solve the problem. Also EBOOT updating stops after file transfer. My Desktop operating system is Windows 7 ultimate.

Hello,
    I'm using PicoCOM2 with disabled debug output and disabled ndcucfg. I can use Com1 for my application. But with every new boot Com1 outputs the following:

AUTO BOOT enabled
    +ReadKernelRegionFromNandFlash
    Image Signature in Flash Memory found (dwSig=0x43454345)
    TOC pointer=0x810373A0

ROMHDR (cTOC = 0x00f253a0) ---------------------
    DLL First : 0x4001c001
    DLL Last : 0x40a8c0a0

etc.......

From what process is that and how can I disable this output ?

Hallo,
    I use PicoCOM2 for an MFC application. The application is an VS2008 MFC project with different languages.The project runs as WIN32 (Windows Desktop) application and with only some small changes as Windows CE 6.0 application (PicoCOM2). In the WIN32 application I use SetThreadLocale() or SetThreadUILanguage() to set/change the user interface language. This works fine.
    Under CE I tried different functions ( SetThreadPreferredUILanguages( ) or SetUserDefaultLCID()), but this doesn't work. Every time my application loads the german resources. All settings in the PicoCOM registry seems to be set to US (0x409) language. I also used an english version of the VS2008, but every time the german resources are used. What can I do? Is there anywhere a small project with Windows CE 6.0, MFC and diferent languages.