Posts by yimi

Hi!

We do not want our customers to be able to leave our application therefore our application runs fullscren, taskbar is hidden, etc... but when computer is booting and our .NET application is not running yet, he is able to access OS.

thank you!

Hi

My .NET application and win ce gets very unresponsive when it runs very low on Program memory.

I was used from Pocket PC platform that Program/Storage memory divison gets automaticaly adjusted if one of them is running low (of course, until there is no more memory to devide). It seems that this kernel does not do that automaticaly.

A suitable solution would be:
    1.) Make system auto adjust program/storage devision, or
    2.) Manualy set this division in registry
    3.) Change divison settings in our program (might not be a good idea if the system is allready unresponsive)

thank you!

Hello!

We need to use high level communication libraries (WCF) which are only present in newer .NET Compact Framework 3.5. .NET CF 3.5 works fine on WIN CE 5.0 devices but i have some problems with instalation and device restarting:
    I copy .net 3.5 cab installation file to defice, and install framework on my SD memory card. All .net 3.5 applications work fine until i restart the board. When the board is restarted/powered up those applications can not find the new framework anymore. I guess this problem lies in SDRAM which erases on device shutdown/restart and some parts of .net 3.5 are installed in SDRAM. But the funny thing is that when you open "Control Panel/remove programs" .net CF 3.5 is still listed as a installed application. The current solution is to reinstall .net cf 3.5 each time device is started.

So we need a solution, how to keep .net 3.5 and sql server compact installed.

Note that installing 3.5 cf is very time consuming and autoinstalling it on startup is not an option.

1. How do i enable VPN (virtual private network) creation. When i choose new connection i can choose only between Dial-up and Direct Connection.

2. Once VPN connection file is created, how do i trigger it to connect from .net program?