• Hello
    We will use the PicoMOD3 for a new design, no experiences yet. Regarding the SPI interface, I heard that it is possible to have up to 7 devices connected via SPI. How is the addressing of those devices done? Via separate GPIO lines? (Provided the Windows CE driver for SPI is used).

Thanks!
    Daniel Weiss
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:weiss@weiss.ch">weiss@weiss.ch</a><!-- e -->

• Still awaiting an answer to my initial question regarding SPI device addressing. Am I the only one interested to hook up more than one SPI device to the PicoMOD3?
    Thanks!

Daniel Weiss
    P.S. German language is also fine....

• There is no SPI driver for the PicoMOD3 yet, but we will port the driver from our other boards soon. As far as I can already tell there is no hardware support for different chip selects on this board (unlike the PicoCOM1, where this is supported directly by the hardware). This would mean that we either will implement different GPIO chip selects directly into the driver, or we do it like on most of our other boards, that we simply ignore the chip select and leave it to the customer to select the devices via GPIO lines, i.e. via the DIO driver. We'll have to check first what is possible with the available hardware. Whatever we do, it will be the available GPIO lines that act as chip selects.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thankyou very much. When will the SPI driver for the PicoMOD3 be available?
    Regards,
    Daniel Weiss

Quote from "keller"

There is no SPI driver for the PicoMOD3 yet, but we will port the driver from our other boards soon. As far as I can already tell there is no hardware support for different chip selects on this board (unlike the PicoCOM1, where this is supported directly by the hardware). This would mean that we either will implement different GPIO chip selects directly into the driver, or we do it like on most of our other boards, that we simply ignore the chip select and leave it to the customer to select the devices via GPIO lines, i.e. via the DIO driver. We'll have to check first what is possible with the available hardware. Whatever we do, it will be the available GPIO lines that act as chip selects.

Regards,

H. Keller