How use FS bus

• Hello

I´m working with two netdcu8, I want to connect both by the fs bus, for study the possibilities of this Bus, because after I´ll connect others devices on the bus.
    I´ve read the documentation of the netdcu8 ( I could not have found the software documentation NetDCU Device Driver ), but I don´t know how I have to connect the pins (J14) of the both netdcu in order that the netdcus can communicate.

Finally I´d like to knwon If there is a programming of example for the use of the FS bus.

Sorry for my English but it is very bad. I hope that we can understand myself.

Thanks.

• I believe it's no simple task to directly connect two NetDCUs together via the FS-Bus. The FS-Bus needs some device outside, that provides data in registers. Then reading and writing is the task of the NetDCU. If the device wants to send something, it must issue an interrupt and then the NetDCU will read the data. You could say the NetDCU is the master and the device is the slave. If you connect two NetDCUs, then one must be the slave. But that is not possible from the view of the software driver.

The document "NetDCU Device Drivers" can be found here. (The file was somehow missing for a while, but I have corrected it now.) You also have it on your CD of the starter kit.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello

I´ve been analyzing as it should be the relation between netdcu master netdcu slave. And with the code of example that there is in NetDCU Device Drivers (FS-BUS Driver), it is possible to realize the program that I need. Now the problem is that I need the header file "parintfsk.h" and I don´t kwon if it is free or no. And if I can obtain it because I´ve looked for it in my CD of the starter kit and I couldn´t find it.

Regards,

Dani.

• If you look into the directory "Driver\parintf" on your CD, you should find the file "parintfsdk.h" there.

The file is also available in this thread.

Regards,

H. Keller

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello again.

I´ve been analyzing the signal of the FS bus with a logical analyzer. And for the CS cycle write time Tcwc and the CS cycle read time Tcs I have obtained a value of 130-140 ns. In the netcdu hardware the minimal value for this time is 180 ns. I have done many repetitions and I´ve never obtained a value on 180 ns or superior. For other signals I´ve obtained correct values.

Is it possible this?. Why I´ve obtained these small values?

Regards.

Dani Lobos.

• As the FS-Bus port is accessed as a memory mapped device, the timing depends on the chip select settings. It seems the current version of the driver takes a smaller time (less wait states) here and this is not reflected in the hardware documentation yet. Usually this is no problem and most people are lucky to have shorter times for higher throughput. Is this shorter cycle time a problem for you?

Regards,

H. Keller