treiber installieren

• hallo,

ich möchte einen usb treiber für ein touchdisplay installieren. leider benötige ich laut hersteller hierfür ein platform-builder. da ich aber VS 2008 und nicht VS 2005 verwende, ist dies nicht möglich. daher wollte ich den treiber per hand installieren. die registryeinträge habe ich dafür schon per hand eingegeben. sorgen macht mir jedoch die tatsache, dass ich nach einem neustart des picomod3 die notwendige dll-datei unter \windows verliere. wie kann ich dieses problem umgehen? schreibgeschütz hilft da leider wenig.

• Hello,
    in general you can install the drivers by:
    - do some registry entriey
    - copy the required DLLs to ffsdisk

Note:
    - ffsdisk is registered as search path but you can also force the system to use this DLLs by:

Code
    1. reg open \drivers\builtin\mydrv
    2. reg set value DLL string \ffdisk\<mydrvdllname>

- ffsdisk must by load before your driver can be loaded!! So set value for "order" under HKLM\drivers\builtin\mydrv > as the "order" for ffsdisk.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• hello, now i have a new driver to install. the first one worked very good, but now i get - for the secound one - the message "enter the name of dhe driver for thies USB device". the only thing i have are dll-files. when i enter this name, i get the errormessage: "Error installing USB driver <filename>". any idea what i'm doing wrong?

• on the homepage from the salesman it is writen, that my os is supported: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://touch-base.com/documentation/WinCEembeddedNotes.htm">http://touch-base.com/documentation/Win ... dNotes.htm</a><!-- m -->

under

Embedding UPDD for Win CE

i did the steps: 1,5,6
    i don't know how to edit the "project.bib" file. but i think there is no use for

• Hello,
    at step 6: the value "order" is very small. This may cause problems because some dependencies may not be available when the driver is loaded. Try if it works if you set "order" to 0x64 or higher.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• i tried the order 100, but without any success.
    there is one thing, i don't really understand. i'm using the picomod3 with win ce 6.0. it has nothing to do with win ce embedded. additional i haven't found a "platform builder", because that one is just for win ce 5.0. is it possible, that this is the reason, why i can't use that driver?

• Hello,
    i think driver should works on ARM processor with Windows CE 600. You do not need platform builder if you have DLLs and associated registry settings!
    Do you use drivers from "StrongArm" folder? Are there also a CAB -file?
    Can you please publish your complete registry settings (ndcucfg-reg-file)? I will check it, maybe i find some obvious mistake.

• Hello, i'm using the ARM folder. There are no CAB-files in this folder.

I found the VID and the PID in my registryfile.
    "Vendor Id"=dword:000014c8
    "Product Id"=dword:00000003

• Hello,
    please set value for "order" under "HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\TBUPDD" also to 0x64.
    Does it work now?