SQL CE doesn't stay installed after device reboot

• In order to distribute a program release, I've installed SQL CE by its sqlce.wce5.armv4i.CAB on a PicoMod3 device.
    I've set the install path to FFSDISK and launched reg save after setup completed.
    Everything works ok, but, after switching off and on the device, my application can't find the assemby SqlServerCe any more.
    Is there a particular procedure to follow in order to install an application permanently? Thank you.

• Hello,
    maybe CAB file cause an error (set somewere "window" were should set "ffsdisk")? You can investigate/modify CAB using a tool (e.g. WCE CAB Manager from OCP http://www.ocpsoftware.com/). If you install DLLs in a subdirectory of ffsdisk please check if it helps to set this directory as additional search path:

Code
    1. reg open \Loader
    2. reg set value SystemPath multi \ffsdisk\;\FFSDISK\MicrosoftSQLServerCompactEdition\v3.5"
    3. reg save

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I've tried to do as you suggest but, when restarting Windows CE, i get the same error: the message "File or assembly name System.Data.SqlServerCe or one of its dependencies was not found" appear when I open my program. This don't happen immediatly after installing SQL CE.
    Something changes after Windows CE restart.

• Hello,
    are following files in \FFSDISK\MicrosoftSQLServerCompactEdition\v3.5? Else search them at RAM and copy them!

Code
    1. GAC_System.Data.SqlServerCe_v3_5_1_0_cneutral_1.dll
    2. sqlceme35.dll
    3. sqlceqp35.dll
    4. sqlcese35.dll

Register should be similar:

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

I've tried also this last solution but I still can't solve the problem...

Then you have to invastigate CAB file with WCE CAB Manager from OCP (see link above).

• Hm,
    can you send my CAB and simple VS project by mail. I will try to find discrepancies.

• Hello,
    thanks for you CAB file and sample.

I check it an find following problems:
    - GAC_System.Data.SqlServerCe_v3_5_1_0_cneutral_1.dll is installed into windows please copy it into the install directory.
    - Under HKLM\software\microsoft\.NetCompactFramework\installer\assamblies\global value "System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3BE235DF1C8D2AD3" refers also to windows. Please set here the (multi) data to
    \ffsdisk\MicrosoftSQLServerCompactEdition\v3.5\GAC_System.Data.SqlServerCe_v3_5_1_0_cneutral_1.dll
    \ffsdisk\MicrosoftSQLServerCompactEdition\v3.5\System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll
    than is works. If you did not see the data correct using OCP tool please use ndcucfg or remote registry editor.