Display Problem TX14 with Picocom2

• Hello

I have a Display Problem Hitachi TX14 with Picocom2. Everything works, the CE Screen appears correctly, and I can use touch and navigate through Windows.
    But when I run or even just deploy a user application on the Picocom2, the Display 0;0 (means upper left corner) is shifted some 100 pixels to the right. Sometimes it are just a few 10 pixels what is shifted.
    What I mean is that the most right area (let´s say a scroll bar or what ever) is seen on the most left area then. Not only the user application but also the OS parts like taskbar and any desktop icons.

Any remarks welcome!

bye

• I would assume that the display cable is too long. In the case of the shifted content, try to put your hand around the cable and move the cable. If the display now jumps back and forth between the correct and the wrong position, then the cable is too long.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I discovered the same problem with a 7" AUO WVGA display.
    In almost 5 out of 10 bootup events WinCE starts up normally and after 1-2s the screen shifts to the right. Sometimes more, somtimes less pixels.
    While trying to cover and move the cable, nothing changed.
    The cablelength between the LVDS adapter and the display is about 200mm which should be short enough I guess.

Any suggestion what could be the reason?

• Quote from "fuf"

discovered the same problem with a 7" AUO WVGA display.

Is this the "AUO A102" ? Are you using the script file available at our homepage?
    In this is the case please try to reduce the clock-rate to 30MHz (lcdclk). Additionatly please try reducing the color depth to 8 bits.
    With these settings the PicoCOM should not get into performance problems. If the problem then still exists maybe there is a problem with the LVDS adapter?
    Does the screen get shifted again after a while? Or do you have the possiblity to force this shifting-effect again?
    Will there be started any custom application on bootup?

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• It is the AUO G070VW01 V0.
    We reduced the clock rate from 30 to 24 MHz.
    And the system seems to be fine and stable now.
    According to your questions:

maybe there is a problem with the LVDS adapter?

I don't think that the LVDS adapter is/was the reason, because we have the same problem on a system with a 5.7" TTL display.

Does the screen get shifted again after a while?

Yes, the shifting occured randomly even when the system was running.

Or do you have the possiblity to force this shifting-effect again?

The shifting occured more often, when the system was connected via USB device to a PC.
    But I was not able to find a "sequence" to reproduce the shifting.

Anyways, let's hope the clockrate setting did help.