Suspend functionality

• I have tried to put our PicoCOM2 in suspend mode but nothing happens, so I assume that this functionality is not implemented.

When do you plan to release suspend/wakeup functionality on PicoCOM2?

My customer needs a system that is very fast up and running and my idea were to use suspend mode and at wakeup it is almost instant on!

Thanks
    Hans

• Can you give us a little more information about your application ?
    What do you mean with very fast up and running (time) ?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• This product should be used in an automobile with use of 2 serial ports, 320x240 resolution lcd and USB host. The application should be ready to run max. 3 seconds after the engine is started (ignition signal). My idea was to use suspend/resume to fulfil this requirement. Of course the first coldstart of the product will take longer time.

Another idea was to power off the lcd and keep power on the PicoCOM2 module but the power consumption is still too high. The power consumption in suspend mode is much lower and should be ok.

Thanks,
    Hans

• Would it be possible to slow down the cpu frequency of the module when it is not used to save energy instead of using suspend functionality?

If it is possible to lower the frequency, how low can we get with the power consumption of the module?

Thanks,
    Hans

• This mechanism is already included and enabled in the current available kernel versions. If the scheduler detects that there is no runnable thread available the CPU clock will be disabled completly (CPU-Idle). This should already be notable in the power comsumption.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• So letting the application sleep or do nothing will save energy, but there are still a lot of kernel drivers scheduling that I can not control.

Is it possible in general to slow down the cpu clock when car-ignition is off and again resume to full speed when ignition is on?

Thanks,
    Hans